Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Annual Christmas Tree Hunt.........................

WillyP

Nothing gets me into the holiday spirit like the gathering of my family for the tree hunt. Although it's
not like the hunts I went on as a young fella in the woods of Oregon, it's fun just the same. We have a friend
of my son's that played football with him, who's family owns a very nice farm. Always walk away with a
beautiful tree and a belly full of hot apple cider. Great day for sure! Here's a couple picks of our bunch..........

[attachment 147567 IMG_0621a.jpg]

Left to right: Tamara, Carol, Maryna, Me, Derek.

[attachment 147568 IMG_0626a.jpg]

Left to right: Derek, Tamara, Me

Our youngest, Maryna sure is a trooper. She woke up yesterday morning complaining of a back ache.
Long story short, she ended up in emergency, passed two kidney stones, was home by 3:00 yesterday
afternoon, had dinner and today she's back to her old self and out with us. Tough kid! They all are. I whine about a
hangnail.

What type of tree did you folks pick? Sorry the young daughter became ill, but as you found out, they bounce back fast. We would enjoy a picture of the tree when you folks finish decorating it. Kelley (Texas) :)

As a matter of tradition, I stand the tree and put up the lights. Then the kids decorate it while mom is making supper.
I usually get some great pictures then as they like to mess around and tease each other.

Not sure how many acres but we wonder for quite awhile.

For us, getting our tree consists of going out into the fields and taking one from there..

Unfortunately, with the health issues, we have just not felt like it.

By the way, what is all the white around you.. :):

calm seas

Micheal

n/t

Beautiful looking family also. Fun to wander around in the snow looking for that just right tree. That would make a great Christmas Card picture. We always had live tree's growing up, but they were red cedar tree's. That's what my father had and he was not going for the new fangled stuff. Once I married we carried it on and did the same. About 10 years ago I found a fake one that looked real, and decided to give it a try. I keep them up longer than most it think. Its been up a week or morenow and we take it down after New years, plus or minus a week. I just like looking at it at night with the lights all on.

Like in your picture, if it snowed it was that much more fun getting it. We would also go in the woods and pick princess pine and make wreaths out of it for the doors and cemetery. I still do that. My kids and wife all ask me why I keep doing it. I guess its a way to keet some long ago memories of my parents fresh. Again, great pictures. Look forward to seeing yours when its all up.

George-CT

Traditions seem to fall like rain these days. I am determined to carry the few I started with my children through until
they plant me. Like with your wreaths, it brings back fond memories. Also like you, I fight taking everything down.
I like to sit up late after all are in bed, put on Vince Gill singing "I'll be home for Christmas" and stare at the lights and
cluttered room. If I try real hard, I can see my children (when small) telling me just where to put the next ball or light.
I can see me reading them "Twas The Night Before Christmas" by the tree, knowing full well they were 10% into listening to
my pitiful attempt at a British accent and 90% into sharpening thier x-ray vision to figure out what was in that package.
I miss that innocent laughter very much at this time of year. Christmas has a way of putting things into perspective
and making me slow down for just a moment. It really has all gone too fast up until now.
Cheers, George and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

n/t

n/t

Thanks for sharing these views of your beautiful family Willy!

Blessings on you and yours Friend,

CJ