Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another 3.0 update question

I am not able to even walk outdoors, let alone swing a detector! My diseases of COPD. Parkinsons & more have me unable to continue metal detecing since 2006 & then my brother was ill & He couldn't go detecting; so since he lived with me in 2006 & had to see the DRS often & I was getting more unable to do anything my self we were both on OXYGEN & then after his passing away in 2009 --I haven't been able to travel or go detecting but thank you anyway for the loan of a grandson --I have grown ones & g-grandsons are still too young except for two in their teens ! I am too weak now to take care of myself but do the best i can--COPD makes it rough to breathe & being where I am now the drs say they won't recommend oxy because of rules & my OXY level need isn't low enough but had 2 liters at night for many years until I moved out of South St. Louis County, MO & have less Med Ins coverage! Can't do much as far as cooking cleaning & etc until I am weak, tired & shaking uncontrollably--& Have swollen legs so I fall easily unless I am very careful--if I fall I can't get up by myself! But Hey being I am 85 & still living & typing messages on a Computer, I am not in too bad of a shape for an old lady! LOL! :giggle: I miss TREASURE Hunting BUT my Hunting Days are done & have been for many years! I live for Jesus & try to witness His LOVE & Saving Grace to all who will read & listen! God Bless you with your hunts in finding lots of goodies! Ma
I’m sorry for your deteriorating health Ma. I cared for my mother with Parkinson’s and dementia until it was no longer safe for her to live with me. She is in a nursing home now where I talk to her on Skype because I can’t visit her due to Covid. Now she thinks I’m her daddy half the time, which is ironic because, like her, I was also raised by her mother and father. I remember all the stories my grandparents told me about growing up during the depression, where and how they lived, Granddad’s WWII adventures, etc. because I heard and lived them every day. I consider myself lucky in that I had the opportunity to skip a whole generation and learn about life directly from the ‘greatest generation’ and, although I'm 57, you and I actually have that in common. Now, I take every opportunity to share this knowledge and experience with my kids and grandkids because the greatest treasure of all, are those memories. It’s exciting to use a metal detector, dig an old artifact, and try to guess it’s history. But it’s more exciting to dig through those memories and actually know the history. Therefore, your treasure hunting days are far from over. Unlike my mother, you still have the ability to dig up those treasured memories and, with the use of that keyboard, document them for your future generations to find. Otherwise, when the good Lord takes you home, those treasures will be buried forever. By the way, I have lived in South County St. Louis, West County, and even North County. One of my most treasured finds with a metal detector was a silver locket with a mother of pearl inlay and picture still inside that I found right there in Jefferson Barracks park.

Last edited:
If you have a mixed signal, a low conductor trash near a coin and go to 4 khz, the detector will see the coin and ignore the low conductor. Try a pull tab and a dime side by side. Multi will see the tab and 4khz will see the coin. I found that interesting when I tried it.
When a target disappears,just click on 4kz. It comes in loud and clear...I’ve noticed when other targets are in the same hole wth the coin ,4kz locks on to the coin..I love 3.0..

I’m sorry for your deteriorating health Ma. I cared for my mother with Parkinson’s and dementia until it was no longer safe for her to live with me. She is in a nursing home now where I talk to her on Skype because I can’t visit her due to Covid. Now she thinks I’m her daddy half the time, which is ironic because, like her, I was also raised by her mother and father. I remember all the stories my grandparents told me about growing up during the depression, where and how they lived, Granddad’s WWII adventures, etc. because I heard and lived them every day. I consider myself lucky in that I had the opportunity to skip a whole generation and learn about life directly from the ‘greatest generation’ and, although I'm 57, you and I actually have that in common. Now, I take every opportunity to share this knowledge and experience with my kids and grandkids because the greatest treasure of all, are those memories. It’s exciting to use a metal detector, dig an old artifact, and try to guess it’s history. But it’s more exciting to dig through those memories and actually know the history. Therefore, your treasure hunting days are far from over. Unlike my mother, you still have the ability to dig up those treasured memories and, with the use of that keyboard, document them for your future generations to find. Otherwise, when the good Lord takes you home, those treasures will be buried forever. By the way, I have lived in South County St. Louis, West County, and even North County. One of my most treasured finds with a metal detector was a silver locket with a mother of pearl inlay and picture still inside that I found right there in Jefferson Barracks park.
Well said!

Hi Moonshiner! I tried answering your post before but was too tired to think straight & so erased the post! I Metal detected in Jefferson Barracks Park with my ex while we were still married & tresure hunting together! After the divorce I had to detect close to home, lived on Valmeyer DR, Mehlville, MO. & my son lived in LeMay, MO. where I went detecting at SLYVAN SPRINGS Park when I was watching my grand kids which was in walking distance of his home! I also watched my daughter's sons while she worked & we walked to Assumption Catholic Church & School's 's play ground where I detected near there in a small BALL FIELD where the the grade school played their games!

Sure was a detecting NUT for many, many years! Tami, my last child, will be 53 in Oct; so you aren't much older than her! My cousin & my mother started doing our mom's side of the family's history before I even graduated high school & Virginia started a Genaeology forum on FB which she still has but I can't stand biased FB so quit & haven't been back, evil doers make me angry & that is not good for me as a child of God, who loves Jesus & lives for Him! We aso have a Newsletter started by another cousin, who has since passed away but still receiving the letters every six months; therefore, pleny of history being handed down to the next generations! I have written lots of Inspirational poetry, too, & have it ready to pass on in Folders when I pass away & I am waiting for the Resurrection of God's saints or He has already rec us as His own! Time waits for no one, and isn't waiting for mr either as I grow older & more feeble each day--My Parkinson's is worse & can't do much without shaking like a leaf in the wind, but by faith & prayer God keeps me going & helps me through each day as I sleep a lot when I can, although trips to the lady's room are plentiful--so at times going back to sleep aludes me! :(

I lived in my home in Mehlville, SO COUNTY, for 40 years & then because of high taxes & expenses I sold it ih FEB, 2014--purchased in May, 1974--before that we moved a lot --one home was in Maplewood, MO when Tami was born & then we moved to jefferson County when she was 2 months & then we moved into SO COUNTY in 1974 where I lived even after the divorce in 1988--I kept the house until 2014--which deteriorated & too expensive to keep repairing!!

Well thank you for your nice post & God Bless you to be able to keep on TREASURING HUNTING for years & years! Keep those memories alive & I have many that I still remember good & bad ones--God in the name of Jesus helps me to endure the bad ones, as I happily remember the GOOD ones! AMEN! Ma
Well said!