Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another beach hunting question?

BartOscar

Just posted this message under another post-guess I need some more coffee. From that post it mentioned the sea water setting. I went to the beach yesterday, set my mode to beach and tried to edit to sea water but the machine just squawked at me. What am I doing wrong. Just wondering if I only detect on the dry sand would the coin mode work okay? I used the setting that were previously suggested and while hearing many signals and digging either I was hearing things are nothing existed. I pulled up some junk and walked away with one penny. Thank in advance for any suggestions-you guys are great!

When I used the CTX on dry sand, it was prior to the SeaWater update. But I will say, it worked fine with the functionality available at that time. As to the squawking.....if you are running with Ground balance enabled, disable it. And when you are in the normal "ground compensation mode" (aka tracking), I'd suggest you run with Auto Sensitivity. If it still barks occasionally, lower it to a minus one or minus two. JMHO HH Randy