Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another button query

ElginTim

Got this last Sunday and still no idea on origin. It's about 20 mm dia. and has three letters visible under the figures. Could be either RNO or RNC or BNO or BNC. Appears to be a man bearing a standard and perhaps a musket at his side or a lady kneeling with an outstretched hand. Appears to be pewter with a small rectangular shank base on the back but no shank. Thanks in advance for any help!

Yeahj on closer examination it appears there is an "A" before the RNO making it ARNO. Maybe a not-so-old logo from something? Has the look and feel of something very old though.

Could it be a letter seal for sealing envelopes? It would only make sense if all the letters were backwards. A and O could be universally used and I'm thinking it could have an M instead of N which could be used backwards. The second letter is the one in question as to whether it could be used backwards, it really looks like a correct R or B so the Seal idea could be out the window.

Have a photo of the back side of this?

Also - can you photograph this using some side light from only one side of the disk or the other? That can help the image stand out some. Using charcoal to "fill" the image but leave the surface clean can do the same thing. It washes off readily if you are concerned about that.

It looks more like a flag or lance to me that is in his hand. I thought it might say "armor" but the N isn't that clear in the photo.

Cool find though.

I agree it looks like a flag, and the other hand seems to be holding a gun, cane or walking stick resting on the ground?

The photo is much better, thanks. I can imagine a lady with a staff or flag, and a rifle, but when I first saw the button this type of button came to mind:

Here's a shot of the back and another of the front with more color. Cetainly does seem to be an "ARNO" under the figure upon closer exam.

And yep, I still have no idea what it is.