Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Etrac coil question

Big Treble

Anyone have any luck or background on either the Cors Fortune/Nel Sharpshooter 9.5x 5.5?

Many times I think the stock is a bit big and my 8x6 SEF too small. This leads me to the realization that it appears to be the Coiltek Treasure Seeker 10x6 or the Cors/Nel coils I asked about. And since the latter are one third less in price, I'm leaning towards them.

Thanks in advance

Coil manufacturers have cultish followers just like Apple and nothing is even in the same ballpark with their chosen coil , mainly because it's what they have. Quite frankly , I haven't heard much bad about any of the etrac coils. At one time I had the 6 x 8 , NEL SS and the 5x10 WSS and could see very little difference between the three. I kept the 5 x 10 WSS because the cable was tighter than the NEL and liked the shape better than the 6x8. They're all good coils you won't regret having.
Of course daddyflea will now tell you the Coiltek is superior to everything because it's a Coiltek and more expensive but not according to the guys with their Sunray 8"

Coil manufacturers love the etrac because once you start buying , it's tough to stop:)

sprchng said:
Coil manufacturers have cultish followers just like Apple and nothing is even in the same ballpark with their chosen coil , mainly because it's what they have. Quite frankly , I haven't heard much bad about any of the etrac coils. At one time I had the 6 x 8 , NEL SS and the 5x10 WSS and could see very little difference between the three. I kept the 5 x 10 WSS because the cable was tighter than the NEL and liked the shape better than the 6x8. They're all good coils you won't regret having.
Of course daddyflea will now tell you the Coiltek is superior to everything because it's a Coiltek and more expensive but not according to the guys with their Sunray 8"

Coil manufacturers love the etrac because once you start buying , it's tough to stop:)

Definitely appreciate the info! Have one on the way- - feller can never have too many coils :)

Also remember Craig....the Width of the coil has more to do with Depth than the Length....
Width =Depth
Length=Coverage
Generally....
Whatcha doing Saturday? Wanna take a crack at that plat park again? I do!

sprchng said:

Not true at all. Daddyflea loves the Coiltek 10X5 Treasure seeker for sure and it is a great coil. Covers just a little more ground than my two Sunray 8" coils. But Sunray 8" is no longer made. Sunray 8" stays on one of my Etracs at all times. If you can get a Sunray 8" grab it. I have also heard that the Minelab 8" does not match the Sunray. I hate to say for sure because I have not personally tried it.

That's not true at all either Daddyflea.-----Ralph (Sunray) is still making the X-8's.----I just bought two new ones for my wife & I.-----A gentleman in FL makes them for him (as has always been done)--then ships them to Ralph & he in turn ships them to the purchaser (or dealer).----He doesn't have any made up until he gets a certain amount of orders for them & it took me about (+-) two months to get mine from the time I ordered them till I received them.------What a great coil the X-8 is!!----I should have never have sold one I had and the other one was stolen---but--now "I am back in business".-------BTW, the Minelab 8" is (close) to the X-8--but falls a LITTLE short in performance---plus the fact it's heavier than the X-8.-----------Del
daddyflea said:
sprchng said:

Not true at all. Daddyflea loves the Coiltek 10X5 Treasure seeker for sure and it is a great coil. Covers just a little more ground than my two Sunray 8" coils. But Sunray 8" is no longer made. Sunray 8" stays on one of my Etracs at all times. If you can get a Sunray 8" grab it. I have also heard that the Minelab 8" does not match the Sunray. I hate to say for sure because I have not personally tried it.

I am very glad to hear that. I actually had a Dealer call Ralph and try to get me one and the reply was that he could not get it. Everything Sunray is very good. Just wish they would start making the X-1 probes again.

D&P-OR said:
That's not true at all either Daddyflea.-----Ralph (Sunray) is still making the X-8's.----I just bought two new ones for my wife & I.-----A gentleman in FL makes them for him (as has always been done)--then ships them to Ralph & he in turn ships them to the purchaser (or dealer).----He doesn't have any made up until he gets a certain amount of orders for them & it took me about (+-) two months to get mine from the time I ordered them till I received them.------What a great coil the X-8 is!!----I should have never have sold one I had and the other one was stolen---but--now "I am back in business".-------BTW, the Minelab 8" is (close) to the X-8--but falls a LITTLE short in performance---plus the fact it's heavier than the X-8.-----------Del
daddyflea said:
sprchng said:

IDXMonster said:
Also remember Craig....the Width of the coil has more to do with Depth than the Length....
Width =Depth
Length=Coverage
Generally....

Thanks again for the help.. I already got the new coil can't wait to try it.

I'll keep you posted on Saturday, have to check with my social director, thinking I had something on my schedule.

Big Treble said:
IDXMonster said:
Width =Depth
Length=Coverage
Generally....

Thanks again for the help.. I already got the new coil can't wait to try it.

I'll keep you posted on Saturday, have to check with my social director, thinking I had something on my schedule.

"Social director"....LOL! I haven't met her but you have a fine wife Big T!