Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another first out of same field

mattockman

I was just planning on hitting this first real quick and go up the road to ask permission to a new field, but never made it out of there. I can't believe I got 7 firsts out of this field, but today I topped my oldest coin yet...a 1723 I believe....HIBERNIA Halfpence......and a mystery coin...smooth as patina can get. A little jewlery....the ring must be plated gold but not sure...couldn't find the stone that was in it...it showed up Nickel on XS...and barret was a neat find....1939 wheat, I thought was 1909 but it looks more like a 3.....a 1959D wheat...sounded sooooooo good....what a bummer seeing the Memorial on the back...the ground was soaked and made it sing very high...a few more large buttons and a few small.....I got home and figured out the Hibernia and its date and was falling out of my chair....awsome! :stars:

Your really on a roll now, if they get any older you'll be challenging the hunters in Europe for finds. Those are really some neat finds and I am really curious as to the smoothie coin like thingy.
Congratulations Mattockman you did good this time. HH John

OMG Doug :yikes: Nearly 300 years old . You are on a hot streak for sure :clapping:
All Great finds , Congratz to you , What an Awesome Hunt !!!!

Terri

1723! Man, that's old. Getting something like that out of the ground makes you feel alive and spurs you on to the next fresh run. congrats

Holy cow - mega congrats!!!!!!

Holy cow 285 years old - that is stinky old! It looks to be in fairly good shape too. Cool relics as well. I love digging up pieces of history. VERY nice job.

Those old coins just amaze me...and I've never even seen anything like that around here.
I can't even fathom finding a coin that's nearly 300 years old. You've been finding some neat old coppers lately...congrats:thumbup:

Very nice Mattockman! That had to be in really great shape when it was originally lost that long ago. It has terrific detail left on that Hibernia Coin. Now that is a treasure well worth adding to the collection. I'd keep working that field because who knows what else you will un-earth next. Congratulations on them finds and Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you.:detecting:

Doug, nice Wood's Hibernia coin you got there, I got my first one about a year ago and your coin looks great for detail. I can't help you on the 3/4 of a coin, nothing showing that I can make out. Dr Phil Mossman (contributor to the Notre Dame coin website) is doing a survey on Wood's coins and would you please contact him about your find. I believe he would like to have a photograph sent to him and state and county found in for his survey.

PLMossman@aol.com

You can mention my name as who asked you to contact him, (Don Hartman)

Don

To have Don From SJ send me a comment is like having a Bill O'Rielly or a Micheal Moore send me a comment! I am honored...I have always envied your finds....Thanks Don......I will send.....thanks for the comments...

Thanks James....you are an Icon on this forum.....and to get this comment from you is an honor....someday I may be thought of as an Icon.....lol.....but to this day I truely think if you can get permission to an old place anything is possible........we all know what a good signal is saying....GET-R-DUG!....I thank you and someday wish to meet up with you to do some hunting...........Take care James.....till next year! :twodetecting:

Bryce if only you were here hunting with me....you could also find them...I am surrounded by history.....too bad kid.......I could use a great hunting buddy like you.....:twodetecting:

Hi Don, I just sent Dr. Phil an e-mail....I was kidding about the Micheal Moore and Bill O'Rielly thing...Them being Fact finders and all...I watched a few vids on them 2 that Gov posted on another topic forum...and had a riot watching it....anyways....e-mail sent.....Take care Don....

Thanks John....3 centurys.....huh...never thought of it like that....it is old to us but England is a whole diff. ball of wax...take care John

What bites Terry is not knowing what I find till I get home....I thought it was just another King George II coin.....my eyes are not what they use to be..:yikes:

had I known it was a Hibernia I would have stayed longer....everytime I go there I think it is all gone....then I get a coin signal....I wonder if I go back if I can squeek another coin out.....who knows....take care ...here comes the big freeze.....:cry: