Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another good day with the 900

DaveNV

My last day, here in SLC. Spent a few more hours at the place where I’ve had good luck the previous few days. Four more wheaties, a Buffalo nickel, a couple of bucks in modern coinage and another silver ring, this time a man’s. These few days have really shown me what the 900 can do. One big difference is that instead of setting up a complicated program, I used the default Park 2, with GB, sensitivity and swing rate set for conditions. With the 800, I was always looking for the “perfect” program. I’m finding that the default programs are pretty darn good.
After having dug about 10 wheaties, I’m a bit perplexed that I have dug a silver dime or two. I have to attribute that to the fact that copper cents create a halo as they corrode in the ground, making them easier to find than silver. Also, the soil I was detecting in was pretty dry; I think had the conditions been moister. I would have found silver coins. Just have to be satisfied with the two silver rings.

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 83
You are getting along quite well with the 900. Hang in there… the silver will come

My last day, here in SLC. Spent a few more hours at the place where I’ve had good luck the previous few days. Four more wheaties, a Buffalo nickel, a couple of bucks in modern coinage and another silver ring, this time a man’s. These few days have really shown me what the 900 can do. One big difference is that instead of setting up a complicated program, I used the default Park 2, with GB, sensitivity and swing rate set for conditions. With the 800, I was always looking for the “perfect” program. I’m finding that the default programs are pretty darn good.
After having dug about 10 wheaties, I’m a bit perplexed that I have dug a silver dime or two. I have to attribute that to the fact that copper cents create a halo as they corrode in the ground, making them easier to find than silver. Also, the soil I was detecting in was pretty dry; I think had the conditions been moister. I would have found silver coins. Just have to be satisfied with the two silver rings.
Finding silver nowadays is like finding gold !!! Im very happy to find a silver ring vs a stainless steel POC !!!

WTG on the silver rings !!!

HH
Donna(NJ)