Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Great Find

jeffc

I've been fortunate to have made some fantastic discoveries over the last month. The crucifix on Monday and this little gem which is certainly no exception. Found this on the dry slope yesterday at about 8 inches. After the first scoop, I saw the coin. As I reached down to remove it, the chain came out of the side wall. Very lucky in that I did not hit the chain or the coin with the scoop. The chain is 14k and the the coin was a limited edition mint from the 1967 in honor of the adoption of a new constitution. 28g in all.

My three-month old CTX has been good to me.

HH

JC

Pound me full of grounds and call me Mr Coffee!:yikes: Gimme change for a dollar and call me Mr Jingles! :drool: Stick a candle up my nose and call me Jack O'lantern!:yikes:

Aint that the damndest thing you've ever seen! :puke: A monster chain, and a gold coin to boot! Nice crisp pictures too!.:thumbup:..I'll be looking at this for months and drooling, better keep a bib handy!

Hey Jeff, when you get a chance, take the coin off the chain and give them each a sweep all alone just to see?..:shrug: Then provide us with your observations please..:please:..

I'm sure you will get a hit on the coin, but that woven 'rope' style chain might be invisible...A guy has to believe theres a lot of chains out there that have gotten missed...its great to find a monster like this one though...sure adds up faster than a lot of 2gr rings...really a hell of a find that warms our hearts and minds!
Mud

That's a breathtaking find! Just sitting here drooling all over my laptop keyboard:drool:

I could never imagine finding something as nice, but appparently it happens. Patience, practice, and persistence are key. Keep swingin, my friends.

JC

That is one honking piece of treasure, holy moly. I would sleep with it around my neck at night and go to bed smiling for the rest of my life if I were to find that.

Help me , ,, thats incredible. where to you live in Dubye

jeffc said:

Ok, by FL do you mean Florida? Who got a new constitution in 1967? From the Pic it looks like Queen Lizard Breath 2nd, and the Bahamas? Is that right?

Great find BTW, I'm still waiting for my first gold!

-pete

Correct...Florida. And yes, they were minted in recognition of the new constitution of the islands in 1967. Somewhere around 6k were minted.

jeffc said:
Correct...Florida. And yes, they were minted in recognition of the new constitution of the islands in 1967. Somewhere around 6k were minted.

Wow, 6K is a pretty small mintage number! If it were a US coin you'd be lookin' at about five figures of value!

-pete

Good point. This one is as long as you include the two numbers to the right of the decimal point...lol

Id say that is a great find!! Ill bet the person who lost that one is kicking themselves.