Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Great Find

Mud

I did separate the two items. Had a solid 12-24 on the coin and bezel and barely a peep on the chain. Just as you suspected. Thank goodness for ten-dollar gold coins, or any other form of a pendant.

JC

Thank you! A guy has to think theres a lot of bare chains out there that have seen a coil or two...the woven rope style probably being the hardest one to hit...a guy probably has to be right on top of them within an inch or two to even get a whisper...Thanks Jeff!:clapping:
Mud

GRREATE FIND JEFFC! Was that a Water Find?? or a Beach Find?? I see your digging a LOT of coins also why ?? I programmed my Explorer 11 with Andy Sabisch's base line Water Gold program for only Gold, Platinum Rings ,But nickles and tin foil will also show up sometimes. That program does not pick up any silver ( Now Down to $16.00 ) or clad Coins so as to not wast my digging time on them when I'm in the water. I've been thinking about upgrading to a CTX 3030 but want to get more information before investing. How does it do in the Ocean Salt Water?? Thanks for sharing your Great find. BUDWISER

Bud

This was found up near the dunes. I use coins and bottlecaps to determine where targets are concentrated. I read once to stick close to where you find quarters as rings and other good stuff may be near. I found a small grouping of three quarters only a few feet from the necklace.

The CTX is a very good machine, at least for me. I hunt from the shoreline to the dunes only as I have other machines for the water. I have found over 5k in jewelry and assorted goodies in the last three months with the CTX. Is it the machine, the person, or the area? The best answer is a combination of all those things. Keep in mind, I went two years without finding any gold jewelry. At times, it proved frustrating; however, it never stopped me from hunting.

I remember reading about Sabisch's technique in one of his books. While it may have proven successful for him, it may not always be successful for everyone. Do not misunderstand me. He is a very accomplished hunter and knows what he is doing. I am merely a shadow in his proverbial sunshine...lol. But sometimes you need to figure out what works for you. And when that no longer works, find something else that does.

Good luck with your decision. If you can afford it, I would say go for it. Keep tabs on the classified section. I have owned two and both were purchased used from the forum. Lots of great guys and gals in the community.

JC

Well that find is no big deal...I once found an F-17 jet fighter in a playground :crylol: Trade YA!

Great Find. (isn't it fun)