Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another hunt before the snow

sube

Another hunt before the snow comes same place behind the back stop of the ball diamond 5 of the coins came from a area 6x6 feet .I have hunted here for 50 years same dirt same spot .Why where the coins still there pull-tabs nails bottle caps foil and the real culprit was the chicken wire old fence that was left rotting in the ground from the old back stop.
The ctx displayed a constant 35 to 36 id without tones but when you got a tone it would give a 39 or 40 id if it pinpointed small it was a good chance of a coin.It;s the chicken wire that was giving the 35 to 36 id .Then again over time the chicken wire is rotting away making more coins available and we have the freeze thaw cycle moving the coins. Going to run the nox there and see what happens. Hope you got out .sube

IMG_20210314_173938_1 - Edited.png
IMG_20210314_173938_1 - Edited.png

Last edited:
Looks like you're having fun sube...
We're still waiting for that snow to melt, here.
(But I'm anxious to finally get out, when it does!)
:)
mike

Sube, does the EQ have a feature like my Deus that lets you put it in single Kfz mode like 8 thats good for coins? then if you get a good "coin" signal lower the kfx to say 4 and run back over. If the # goes up its rusty steel but if it goes down its a coin. Im not as impressed with the EQ in heavy trash as I am with the CTX but if you can do this where you have a lot of old steel its a godsent. Best.

Yes it does you can switch between 4 5 10 15 20 and 40 hz or muti it also has a user button letting you set it at any single freq that lets you switch between the mode your hunting in to the user profile with one button push .The reason i use the ctx in trash is that it blends the id of both targets as one say pull-tab and dime = 35 for id and the nox only sees the pull- tab 14 id another words blind to the dime .Now if just iron both detectors will be better on id .Single freqs separate better at depth than muti but muti ids better at depth . sube

Nice hunt Sube, There is always something to learn, its just a matter of being observant!
HH Jeff