Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Legend Beach Hunt w/small Gold?

Jed in NC

Took the Legend out this morning for about a 4 hour spin. Lots of can slaw for some reason. Changed spots around low tide and found some small cuts that had developed overnight. Found a few coins, with a 1 Euro and a sharks tooth. A couple of earrings (not marked that I can see) and a small possibly gold ring. The ring is marked 10k, but I have not tested it. Rang up at 14 - 15. If it pans out, that will be a first for my Legend. What a beautiful morning though!
IMG_2532.JPG

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 3.31.14 PM.png

IMG_2529.JPG

Attachments

• 1706992178274.jpg
    1706992178274.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I forgot that I also found an Apple watch. Does not power on, but I don't have a charger. Hopefully I can get it charged and find out who it belongs to.
IMG_2543.JPG

Was not able to recover the owners info from the watch because it was locked. Added a new band and did a factory reset on it. It was about 12" deep when I found it in the edge of the surf. The date on the watch when I charged it was back in August. So I guess it was in the water/sand for about 5 months. Pretty impressive that it still works.

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 10.30.23 PM.png

Nice gold. Great hunt.
Settings ?
How much trash did you find ?
Found quite a bit of can slaw. A few bottle caps and lots of pull tabs. Here are the settings that I am running.

Machine running V1.11 w/LG30 coil, Nokta BT headphones
Search Mode: Beach
Sensitivity: 29 - 30
Frequency: Mw
Discrimination Pattern: A
Recovery Speed: 1
Iron Filter: 5
Stability in Beach Mode: 5
Bottle Cap Rejection: 0
Ground Suppressor: 0
Volume: 5
Audio Gain (AG): 6
Number of Tones: Pitch
Did Frequency Shift and Ground Balance

Found quite a bit of can slaw. A few bottle caps and lots of pull tabs. Here are the settings that I am running.

Machine running V1.11 w/LG30 coil, Nokta BT headphones
Search Mode: Beach
Sensitivity: 29 - 30
Frequency: Mw
Discrimination Pattern: A
Recovery Speed: 1
Iron Filter: 5
Stability in Beach Mode: 5
Bottle Cap Rejection: 0
Ground Suppressor: 0
Volume: 5
Audio Gain (AG): 6
Number of Tones: Pitch
Did Frequency Shift and Ground Balance
How are you liking the Pitch audio ?

How are you liking the Pitch audio ?
I tried oldkoot's 6 tone break, and liked it. But I kept going back to Pitch and prefer it for beach hunting. I am using the default pitch frequency, but may tweak it a little to better suit my hearing.

I tried oldkoot's 6 tone break, and liked it. But I kept going back to Pitch and prefer it for beach hunting. I am using the default pitch frequency, but may tweak it a little to better suit my hearing.
Thanks.
Hearing troubles is why I asked.
I'll run 1-4 tone.
What do you like best about pitch audio.

Thanks.
Hearing troubles is why I asked.
I'll run 1-4 tone.
What do you like best about pitch audio.
On the beach I am digging everything nonferrous and sometimes ferrous targets depending on the ID. Pitch gives me two tones, ferrous and nonferrous. I keep the ferrous tone much lower than the nonferrous but where I still can hear it. I feel like the more I use pitch the better I get at audibly identifying good targets if that makes sense. I'm a live audio engineer, so I'm pretty in tune to what I'm listening to.

On the beach I am digging everything nonferrous and sometimes ferrous targets depending on the ID. Pitch gives me two tones, ferrous and nonferrous. I keep the ferrous tone much lower than the nonferrous but where I still can hear it. I feel like the more I use pitch the better I get at audibly identifying good targets if that makes sense. I'm a live audio engineer, so I'm pretty in tune to what I'm listening to.
Interesting. I'll have to try it more I guess.
Audio engineer. Hmmm
I have to ask an off the wall question.
What do you think about healing sounds. Frequencies.
Many interesting videos on it.