Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Lost Ring St. Augustine Found!

kapidr

http://imageshack.us/a/img201/7813/ring2bi.jpg
One $6,000.00 dollar wedding ring.
http://imageshack.us/a/img607/8463/ring2a.jpg
Another view of it a bit blurry- trying to get a better photo from him.
http://imageshack.us/a/img525/7193/ring2r.jpg
Cody with his wifes ring after it was found with my DFX-300

Cody's wife took off her ring like so many thousands of others have done to put on sun tan lotion. It was an 80 degree day, January 12, 2013. She laid the ring on her folded shirt and forgot about it. After sun tanning she got up, grabbed the shirt and dressed. The ring went flying into soft sand and there it sat for 5 days. They went home and posted on Craigslist.com under the lost and found section. Lost ring, near Island swimwear market. I tried to reach them by email but got not initial reply. So I drove down to the beach and looked for a shop called Island Swimwear market. No luck. But I did find an Island Beachwear Market and right next to it was a public parking area for beach access with showers and restrooms. I decided this was a likely place they'd have parked and went down to the beach.

After doing a three hour grid search I'd only found a few coins, the back of an earring and a bunch of junk. I went home and sent them another email. This time I got a reply and the husband agreed to meet me at the beach the next morning (this morning) And sure enough he has me meet him at Island Beachwear Market. Only he'd not parked at the public spot he'd used the markets parking lot and walked down.This means my search the day before was about 100 feet too far south of where he actually was. But today I had the husband with me and after we got to the beach I had him show me where he was roughly on the beach. I had him walk north of that spot to show me where he'd definitely not been and there we drew a large line in the sand. We then walked south of where he'd been to where he'd definitely not gone and drew another line. This was my search area. Had we not found the ring within these lines I'd have branched out even further in case she'd really flung it far when she picked up her shirt.

After three or four rows of searching there came that familiar beep and I dug with anticipation (please don't be a pull tab!) It was his wife's ring about 4-5 inches down nestled nice and comfy in the soft sand. That area is usually searched daily by a guy that's about 70 years old. Generally he walks that ledge area every day its nice out so its very possible he'd passed over that ring on four different days and missed it.

I reached into the scoop and pulled out Cody's wifes ring and handed it to him. Again I have to say the smile is worth more than the reward. Just wow! He took it home and planned to surprise his wife with it after she got out of her college class. One $6,000.00 dollar ring now back on his wifes finger where it belongs. AHHHHH The joys of Metal detecting!

Correction, Just re-read his Craigslist post and it does say Island Beachwear. I must have misread it. All worked out well though regardless :)

Good deed, great story, thanks for sharing. It sounds like he was very lucky the ring was still there to be found by YOU. :thumbup:

Hi Kapidr, What a beautiful story and an amazing ring! Thank you so much for what you did. It makes for a great story but most of all, it comes from the heart. You did a great deed for sure. I love the picture of the young man holding his wife's ring. Yes, so true..........."Ahhhhh the joys of metal detecting". I wish others would look at it that way. Thanks for sharing the story and HH, Nancy

I bet she'll make sure that ring fits a bit tighter. She's very lucky. You've got such a wonderful heart. Thank you! HH, Nancy

Just a follow up. Turns out the couple goes to the same church as I do and today they gave me a 50 dollar reward check for the find :)