Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Nazi find!

JamesBondaka

Weather is finally getting better here and decided to try a old homestead site that has been fruit full in the past. Only had about 1 hour or so of light left so I didn't waste time. I decided to try a little different area than inside the old remnants of a barn. Found a 1939 penny and thought that's about it for today. Then heading back, I got a signal. It was a high tone but different than a coin. It was bouncing around a bit but still a decent tone with mostly 3 green bars. I flipped it to analyze and varied to what it was...but still gave me a good wave most of the time. I decided to dig as light was fading. I dug up part of can about 6-7inches and thought that was it. Checked with detector again and bars were stronger and wave was very good! Thought wow....hear comes the silver dollar but numbers were off. I dug about 4-5 inches more and I came up with a can with some kind of lubricate/oil inside. I once read about a guy that found 100 dollar bill in foil container so I don't throw much away until I get it home. Put the latex gloves on and started cleaning the can to see if any coins inside the muck or maybe the can would be some kind of interest. Then, I got a glimmer! Thought it might be a lighter but to my surprise better than that. I believe it to be a Nazi belt buckle. There was no signs of the belt but after all these years....I guess there wouldn't be much. I had to clean the buckle about 5 times with solvent & degreaser. It came out pretty nice! This makes the 3rd WWII Nazi item that I found. Again, I'm not a relic hunter but....maybe I should change my way of thinking about that?

I really like the analyze screen as I don't know if I would have dug it without it!

What a nice find. Silver would be too soft for a buckle but it looks like silver, What do you think, silver plated brass maybe?

That is worth some $$, here is a similar junker on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-Nazi-German-belt-Buckle-/120714940202?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1b2bcf2a

Larry,

Pics make it look a bit better than it is....too light to be silver and color is a bit off....Im going to guess aluminum....Im just not sure with this type of metal so heading to a assay company in Portland today for more info.

Thank you:crazy:

Looks like a Hitler Youth Buckle. It says, Blood and Honor. I couldn't find one with a smooth ring around the Eagle.

Rob,

Man, you guys are fast with info! Thanks for research work on this. I havent had much luck on a match yet either but the internet is a great place and so is this site!

Nice Hitler Youth Buckle!!! They are made of aluminum I believe and are worth a little bit. I used to have a collection of Third reichh items but got out of it when the fakes started getting hard to spot. I sold my Hitler Youth buckle for 65 If I remember right.

Btw,

It appears the buckle is a combination of aluminum and zinc.

Found out today from military buddy that there was a WWII pow camp about 10 miles from where these items were found.....makes you wonder!

Do you know what kind of metal it is like silver?:clapping:

I wish it was silver but its not. Its a combination of aluminum and zinc.