Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another old one-room schoolhouse

Steve In Michigan

Went out of town again today to another old one-room schoolhouse that was 10 miles away from the last schoolhouse that I hunted. Quite a bit more trash than treasurer. I only found three pennies but one of them wasn't at least a 1935 wheat penny. And as you can tell by the photos, a lot of people have hunted that place. And didn't take care of the lawn very well as you can see by all of dead spots.

Attachments

• 20210911_094927.jpg
    20210911_094927.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
  • 20210911_094931.jpg
    20210911_094931.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 20210911_083854.jpg
    20210911_083854.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 96
Went out of town again today to another old one-room schoolhouse that was 10 miles away from the last schoolhouse that I hunted. Quite a bit more trash than treasurer. I only found three pennies but one of them wasn't at least a 1935 wheat penny. And as you can tell by the photos, a lot of people have hunted that place. And didn't take care of the lawn very well as you can see by all of dead spots.
And of course the only silver signal I got I didn't dig because it was right next to this nice big round hole in the ground and I don't like Hornets!!

Attachments

• 20210911_100707.jpg
    20210911_100707.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
I bet there is some nice treasures still waiting there for you. Glad you decided to back off on that hornets 🐝 nest.

First I have heard of a hornets nest in the ground.
Must be a regional bee.
We have bald faced hornets here in Va. that build nests on structures and yellow jackets that build in the ground.
A little gas down that hole should take of them for you.

First I have heard of a hornets nest in the ground.
Must be a regional bee.
We have bald faced hornets here in Va. that build nests on structures and yellow jackets that build in the ground.
A little gas down that hole should take of them for you.

Better do it at night unless you are a really fast-runner--my ex tried to out-run the Yellow Jackets, as he was pulling off his shirt, that he disturbed when he accidently mowed over their nest & he is allergic--he laid in the floor trying to breathe for awhile--I wanted to call mergency but he said no & would be alright & was!

I have a true story about Yellow Jackets while still living in SO St. Louis County, MO! In front of my large Picture Window was a Flower Bed with black RR Ties along the BORDER to hold the dirt for my flowers --on the end were some rotten places with a hole & the Yellow Jackets were nesting in it one summer--when I mowed they would fly out (the guards) to see it was me making all the noise but didn 't bother me! The next summer they had moved to the front side running long-distance or full length in front of the Pic Window where it had rotted with another hole for their nest! They again flew out & saw it was me but never stang me (remember I was a new born Christian & prayed & studied my Bible a lot while writing POEMS by the Inspiration of God's Holy Spirit) So I know God protects His own & hears & answers His Childrens' prayers! Well, I not wanting to mess with them any more, I said, "To them, while mowing one day, if you are still here next Summer, I will get you, meaning get rid of them, & after that Summer they were never there any more!

God is Good & controls all things, the insects, the weather, the Sun. Moon & Stars & even turned the Sun backwards one time by request & moveded the N & S Poles a smidgen when the Earthquake hit deep in the Ocean & caused the Tsunami a few years ago which changed the earth's tilt an inth of a degree or something like that (was poven): If we truly have a personal relationship with God, He will show us HOW AMAZING HE REALLY IS! Praise God Jehovah &Thank You, Jesus, for everything created & for all you do! Amen! Oh, What a Mighty God we serve, If we truly believe in Him & serve Him, FAITHFULLY! Amen! Ma

Ma Betty,
Yes, attack the nest after dark…. I have battled with bees for quite a while!!🤣😂
I got into 5 different nests while bush hogging years ago and got stung from from each nest… they paid dearly that night however.
How much did they pay ? 🤭🤭

Good thing you noticed what that hole was . Back when I 1st started detecting,, I was detecting a sand filled volleyball court ,, I was checking the edges where people would lay their clothes and stuff . Up near one of the net posts ,, was a fire ant Hill. I swept the detector over it and got a signal. Seeings how I wasn't really finding anything,, I figured I'd try and see what them ants was hiding . I found a stick and raked through the hill a few times ,, scanned it ,, finally found the target ,, it was a ring ,, it was 2 rings fastened together so when you wore it ,, it was over 2 fingers . Haven't seen one like it since , it was just junk , no silver or gold ,, but it was my first ever ring find with a detector.
So , for the heck of it,, I'd try going back and see what them bees is hiding. Take some gas and a blowtorch , or wait till dead of winter ,, but I'd find out what they're hiding. :rofl:

Better do it at night unless you are a really fast-runner--my ex tried to out-run the Yellow Jackets, as he was pulling off his shirt, that he disturbed when he accidently mowed over their nest & he is allergic--he laid in the floor trying to breathe for awhile--I wanted to call mergency but he said no & would be alright & was!

I have a true story about Yellow Jackets while still living in SO St. Louis County, MO! In front of my large Picture Window was a Flower Bed with black RR Ties along the BORDER to hold the dirt for my flowers --on the end were some rotten places with a hole & the Yellow Jackets were nesting in it one summer--when I mowed they would fly out (the guards) to see it was me making all the noise but didn 't bother me! The next summer they had moved to the front side running long-distance or full length in front of the Pic Window where it had rotted with another hole for their nest! They again flew out & saw it was me but never stang me (remember I was a new born Christian & prayed & studied my Bible a lot while writing POEMS by the Inspiration of God's Holy Spirit) So I know God protects His own & hears & answers His Childrens' prayers! Well, I not wanting to mess with them any more, I said, "To them, while mowing one day, if you are still here next Summer, I will get you, meaning get rid of them, & after that Summer they were never there any more!

God is Good & controls all things, the insects, the weather, the Sun. Moon & Stars & even turned the Sun backwards one time by request & moveded the N & S Poles a smidgen when the Earthquake hit deep in the Ocean & caused the Tsunami a few years ago which changed the earth's tilt an inth of a degree or something like that (was poven): If we truly have a personal relationship with God, He will show us HOW AMAZING HE REALLY IS! Praise God Jehovah &Thank You, Jesus, for everything created & for all you do! Amen! Oh, What a Mighty God we serve, If we truly believe in Him & serve Him, FAITHFULLY! Amen! Ma
I don't know about yellow jackets or hornets.. but I do know that wasps are capable of facial recognition. Maybe that's why they never stung you, because they know your face and you're not considered a threat.

I don't know about yellow jackets or hornets.. but I do know that wasps are capable of facial recognition. Maybe that's why they never stung you, because they know your face and you're not considered a threat.
Well could be but I can't say that could be why--I know one time I had just come home from church & stopped along side my kitchen window on the Common Ground side of the house & standing too long inspecting a crack in the concrete window sill & bricks, a Honey Bee stung me on the leg & my friend said, it was because I stood too long in one spot!

Along side my house from where the ties ended I had a row of shrubs I had to trim every year & after trimming I would move my hand & arm through the top of them trying to shake out all loose trimmings from within the tops & sides & if I wasn't careful a wasp would fly out of one & sting me--so learned to be careful doing yardwork but didn't happen very often & only trimmed once a year--I also cut dead limbs off my Pin Oak trees in front & back yards that I could reach & cut without placing myself in danger! I got tired of the expense of having the dead limbs cut off & removed so eventually had all the trees cut down & stumps removed! Did I say, it was expensive owning a 1967 built home that I lived in for 40 years--bought in May 1974 & sold in Feb. 2014--lived by myself since my ex moved out in 1986 & my youngest daughter a little later! My next door neighbor lived on one side & I paid him to mow & trim the lawn for me when I couldn't any more but he snow-blowed the snow & ice off Double Driveway & sidewalk for free, except for the time my brother moved up from Florida & helped me with yardwork, repairs & with expenses but he had PAH & died in Hospice Care when he needed more oxgen then was provided for by oxy tanks in my home, he was up to 11 meters; so Hospital first & then Hospice Care at same Hospital--ST Anthony's Mercy but now just called MERCIES!

It is very difficult to take care of a Home & Property when divorced & haven't worked for years! Did take training for misplaced housewives after divorce & then worked for TEMPS & then was hired full time at The Luthern Church MO SYNOD while there as a TEMP--PPL worry about Widows, but not Divorcees, who are alone many times through no fault of their own & didn't agree with the ex who filed & left a wife who was very depressed & suicidal--tried twice but God stopped me & then He saved me & filled me with His Holy Spirit; so I believe it was God's loving protection for His Child (me) that saved me from being stung--in whatever ways He chose to do it! God is Good & is always Good to those who love Him & are the called according to His purpose & I was answering His call the way He wanted me to for His purpose, writing Inspirational POEMS & reading them in differrent church services I attended & giving messages in Unknown Tongues & intrepreting them sometimes when others spoke in tongues! My main church was 1-1/2 hours away in SE MO but then I had a regular church in ILL that I visted because I got so sleepy travelling home from the SE MO Church I didn't think I would make it there, as so very sleepy; so had to quit--loved my Pentecostal Churches & Preachers & Teachers, also my brother & Sister-in-Law attended & I rode with them sometimes! We had some happy times worshipping our Lord together! I've Said all this to help explain who I am in Jesus & how He Spiritually & Supernaturally moves in my life! I write books to answer messages--so if ya don't like to read than don't ask nor respond because I am a long-winded writer that most forum members can testify to (LOL)--been using ME Computer & Internet since 2000--Melinnial Edition! Only by being forgetful at different times do I have less to say! :rolleyes: Ma

Can we please keep religion and politics out of the metal detecting forum? Come on enough in the daily life, I come here to get educated on detecting not hearing about your god.
Aren't there forum regulations about this?
Thank you, please remember we all might have different view and thoughts on life, religion, and politics ;)

Can we please keep religion and politics out of the metal detecting forum? Come on enough in the daily life, I come here to get educated on detecting not hearing about your god.
Aren't there forum regulations about this?
Thank you, please remember we all might have different view and thoughts on life, religion, and politics ;)
Yep

And you & Austin Luker can post your religious, political & life's views the same as I do! When told differently by my Savior Jesus & GUV of the Findmall Forum then I will abide by what the rules are! If I error in posting on a forum that says N0 to God's Word than so be it--Apparently the TRUTH is refused but needed badly! Why do you think satan & his wicked servants (THE COMMUNIST DEMS) have taken over America which CJM & I on the Christian Forum have been warning everyone about??

Want Communists to rule--you may get your wish & by the way--you neither are forced to read ours or others Christian or Politcal posts! I write because I Am mostly alone--even though I live with my daughter & her friend! She stays busy & he watches TV in the Living RM --Ball games lately & Tami & I both detest Ball Games! I she has her space & I have mine; BUT I wish you well when you both are 86 & possibly diseased & unable to go anywhere like me --that is if the earth as we know it now lasts that long! May God Bless you both to take the time to read & hear God's Word for 'tis the only way to escape Slavery & Punishments in the coming Great Tribulation! Ma