Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another ring story.

7centsworth

Last last year a man at work knew I detected and asked me if my detector would pick up a tungsten ring I told him yeah. He said his boys football coach lost his wedding band at a football game and that he had the whole team crawling the ground looking for it. I told him I would look for it that weekend . So I started asking people at work if they had a tungsten ring and I found someone taht did so I brought my detector to work to see what it would sound like on my xterra. That friday I got of early so I told him I was going to look for it. But it was raining when I was about to get off work so I got a bag at work and put on my meter and borrowed a mix matched rain suit from work green pants and bright yellow jacket man did I look like a weirdo wearing that. I got to the field which was just some grass with some paint on it and it was no where near 100 yards. It was for young kids though. I looked at the field and only seen one end zone painted and he said the coach lost it in the end zone. So I put my xterra 70 in all metal and lowered the sensitivity as I knew it would be on the top of the ground I hunted the whole end zone and only had some change and some corroded smashed batteries. I then started hunting the rest of the field about and hour later I looked a few yards away and could make out another endzone that the rain had almost washed the lines away. I was thinking you got to be kidding me . So I walked over there and within 5 minutes I found a ring but it was titanium so I called the man at work and had his boys coach to call me and tell me what it looked like and what it was made out of. He called and it was his. I met him and returned it and man was he happy he said is marraige will be good again:rofl:. He asked me what he owed me and I said just a picture and if he knows of any good spots to detect to give me a call. The titatanium gave I think 14 on my xterra. It just feels so good to return a ring to its owner. God has blessed me with so many things and it is a blessing to see people smile so big when They get there ring back.

Thanks Travis, great story.

You are welcome and that is one of the many reasons I like detecting.

This makes me have a big smile on my face. Thank you for your story. HH, Nancy