Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

another short day

shep

Another short hunt!

Was gonna be hot today, so got out early. Had my coffee, constitutional, abit of eats, and hit my pond. I hunted in GH

Tell your wife that you'll get her a more suitable ring. This one looks like it's bent and not very feminine looking. :thumbup:

Bummer is, and not a bummer at all, owner of property is a great friend, second friend when I came to this area, almost 30 years ago. He's great people! Has been 'baby-sitting his mom who's 83 and has had alltimers (sp?) for the last 6+ years, one of the best plumbers up here on the mountain! There was no percentage when I asked if I could detect or qualifications, but he's gonna get 40% of melt price. If she wants to pay that, it's hers. Not telling her that tho, she's on the warpath and I'm in the garage ;--)
When is Fall gonna get here and I can go to AZ?

Shep

shep said:
Bummer is, and not a bummer at all, owner of property is a great friend, second friend when I came to this area, almost 30 years ago. He's great people! Has been 'baby-sitting his mom who's 83 and has had alltimers (sp?) for the last 6+ years, one of the best plumbers up here on the mountain! There was no percentage when I asked if I could detect or qualifications, but he's gonna get 40% of melt price. If she wants to pay that, it's hers. Not telling her that tho, she's on the warpath and I'm in the garage ;--)
When is Fall gonna get here and I can go to AZ?

Shep

Wow. That's why I've learnt to keep what I find to myself unless I have already made an agreement that involved permission. Greed can get to the best of the ones you wouldn't think would be that way. A lot of people are like scavengers waiting to swoop in on an opportunity when they see it. Like I've noticed many people will give you permission just for the sole purpose of claiming whatever maybe good that you find leaving you with only the few pennies they are not interested in at the expense of your work. There is hardly a thing you can do about it unless there was some sort of written agreement or proof of the deal made beforehand. There has been people tell me that the only way I could hunt their property was that I give them all the silver I find. This has happened on a few occasions. Crazy huh? Yeah...... it defeats the purpose and what are the odds of striking gold? Usually not that great so unless I would have found some, I would have lined their pockets with barely to much to show for myself. Shoot, it's even possible they would have claimed the gold if I did happen to find any.

Sorry! I'm not always good at this posting stuff. In no way, did he ask for any percentage or part of it. He was happy for me. It is my decision to give him a percentage, totally! My religious beliefs are sometimes a bit waining; but I do believe in Karma. He's good people! When I mentioned his mom, it was just to show my respect for this guys morals (not the right word but basically she brought him up and took care of him and he's returning the favor and this isn't even the right verbage). And it's not only his mom but with others, that he barely knew. I hope Chadwick and Angelicstorm read this.
Sorry again, for any mis-representation I might of offered, Shep

Well I wasn't saying it towards shep but people in general ,What I meant was NO matter what people say about , O you can keep everything you find , Or I don't want anything , And I don't care about it . The greed in ones eyes is only a few inches deep. Meaning everyone at some point wants what they have found or didn't know they had . In my mind I love to detect and Greed is only a few inches deep because you never know what you will find . I have found alot of great stuff only to surrender it to the owner of the land. Alot of people ask me why my wife and I waste our time doing it . It isnt what we find its what we get back SEEING A SMILE ON SOMEONE THAT HAD LOST SOMETHING IS PRICELESS. I to am a karma believer and she can be nasty at times but in return she can be sweet .

Chadwick- understand totally what you're saying, been there, done that. Just this wasn't the case, this time.
Thanks for reply!
Shep

shep said:
Sorry! I'm not always good at this posting stuff. In no way, did he ask for any percentage or part of it. He was happy for me. It is my decision to give him a percentage, totally! My religious beliefs are sometimes a bit waining; but I do believe in Karma. He's good people! When I mentioned his mom, it was just to show my respect for this guys morals (not the right word but basically she brought him up and took care of him and he's returning the favor and this isn't even the right verbage). And it's not only his mom but with others, that he barely knew. I hope Chadwick and Angelicstorm read this.
Sorry again, for any mis-representation I might of offered, Shep
Oh, it's okay. It was just the interpretation like you mentioned. Haha Sorry about that. :lmfao: I totally overlooked the part about you babysitting his mother and went with the common result of finding the 3 inch deep greed thing. Anyway, awesome finds right!? Yep, I know right? :yo:
chadwick said:
Well I wasn't saying it towards shep but people in general ,What I meant was NO matter what people say about , O you can keep everything you find , Or I don't want anything , And I don't care about it . The greed in ones eyes is only a few inches deep. Meaning everyone at some point wants what they have found or didn't know they had . In my mind I love to detect and Greed is only a few inches deep because you never know what you will find . I have found alot of great stuff only to surrender it to the owner of the land. Alot of people ask me why my wife and I waste our time doing it . It isnt what we find its what we get back SEEING A SMILE ON SOMEONE THAT HAD LOST SOMETHING IS PRICELESS. I to am a karma believer and she can be nasty at times but in return she can be sweet .
Yeah, I have decided to do similar things as to give up things because it was the right thing to do. I have also surrendered things as soon as I got them out the ground because the owners watching me like a hawk waiting and also surrendered things happily. It all depends on the situation and what comes out the ground. Like you said chadwick, some things are priceless.

Congrats on the gold ,may I ask what the numbers you were digging for the puultabs/gold?were they nickel #'s or in the 20's when it showed its yellow face?Congrats again charlie

Charlie, to be honest, don't remember what the pull tags were coming up as. What surprised me the ring came up as a penny- a 12- I think 41 ?