Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another silver day

knarfj

Revisited one of my old haunts today and wasn't having much luck, again.:thumbdown:

When it came time for a break I noticed a small trail meandering off into the woods that I hadn't noticed before. Funny how you notice certain details when you look up once and a while.:wacko: Any whey I though I'd keep on swinging as I walked this new found ground and darned if I didn't start finding some coins. Nothing but clad but hey I'm OK with it.:thumbup:

Not long into my newly discovered ground I get a tab reading at 1 inches. I'm not one to shy away from a tab especially if the place isn't loaded with them, so with my foot I shoved the top layer of leaves and dirt away from the spot and looking back at me is this very nice looking 15 gr silver bracelet, all coiled up like a snake.

Since then I've waved my coil over the bracelet in every configuration one could imagine and it still reads as a tab. Sure the VDI numbers change a little but it still says TAB! :confused: Gives one something to think about the next time you don't feel like investigating another damn tab reading. :biggrin:

HH:detecting:

Some nice digs there !

Nice chain there Knarfj--Thanks for sharing that strange happening. This knowledge is priceless.
I have heard say that chains are usually jumpy, but when silver starts reading out as a tab-------well, that is a real head scratcher for me. I have been reluctant to move away from the 10" elliptical coil because it still is teaching me everyday. If I would have run into that chain you found with a new coil, I would have been confused for a very long time. I love this hobby and all its possibilities.---------------------------HH

I bet you wont dig any more tab signals again.. Way to go. Some times you just can not trust what the VDI is telling you. If it is a good BEEP I dig.. You just never know... KEN

One would sure figure that much silver, 15 gr, would ID higher then a Tab. Out of curiosity I had a go at it with the F5 in lieu of the F70 which I had found it with and they both agree, yep it's a Tab.:biggrin:

Can't tell the wife it's a Tab though she enjoys wearing it to much.:wiggle::cheekkiss: