Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Summer and no Pulse Devil :surrender::surrender::surrender:

Howdy to everyone.

It has been a long time since I last updated you all. OK, no more excuses, I have been suffering from uncontrolled blood pressure for a number of years. Unfortunately it is getting worse. I make jokes with my doctors but they seem to have stopped laughing along with me. As I live in the USA, the health-care situation is also extremely expensive. A single visit to the doctor costs me about US $300.00. This and the cost of medicines forces me to work for the highest dollars I can get which is a consultant. I have been very lucky to date to land a few really good contracts which have paid my bills so far. Meanwhile my metal detector design and manufacture has obviously taken a second place.

For those people outside the USA, you have to understand that if you have no insurance and you cannot pay the hospital bills then the hospital will foreclose on your house. The so called poor people in America who own nothing but drive big fancy cars get 100% free healthcare. They do not have to worry about anything at all if they become sick. Right now a staggering 48% of all Americans pay 0.00% taxes. The rest of us are forced to pick up the bill. Anybody who dares to disagree with the present system is branded as a racist as most of the non tax payers are African americans.

Such is the climate here in the USA.

This year the City of Charlotte in North Carolina doubled our property taxes that those of you in England call rates from about $350.00 per month to about $700.00 per month. That is from GBP 223.50 to GBP 447.00 per month.

We decided to leave our corrupt city and head for the country. We are presently waiting to sell our house in order to move to Florida. The house in northern Florida is brand new and has never been lived in. It has a three car garage that accesses the interior of the house and is on a property of some 43.5 acres. It even has a very large natural spring fed lake that is stocked with fish. The Florida property is selling for less than our property in Charlotte is scheduled to sell for.. The main difference between our city property in Charlotte, NC which is only 0.2 acres to the new property in Florida which is 43.5 acres, are that the taxes for the much larger Florida property are substantially lower.

Here is the tough part of all this: I have had to put my entire lab into a storage facility. This had to be done in order to sell our house as a lab is not something that will help to sell a suburban house. I will therefore be out of commission for a while. One good thing about all this is that I have found that when I cannot work on the bench that I can still design circuits and new methods on my computer. With a bit of luck I will be able to improve on some of my designs.

One last thing: My old email address was hacked by a Russian guy who was living in Wales, GB. He has now been caught but the disruption precluded my old email address from being saved. My new email address is: pulsedevil@gmail.com Please make a note of this. My plan is to post a message after I move to Florida to let you know the schedule for my producing the Pulse Devil's. Please wish me luck. All the very best, Dave. * * *

PS: You are all welcome to email me. I get a lot of email so it might take a day or so for me to answer.

Good weather in north Florida. Wishing you and your family the best.
Frank
Tallahassee, Florida

Dave E., just for what it might be worth, I am also dealing with high blood pressure. Knowing that people who rely on doctors for healthcare usually get worse, I did a bit of research on both Rx and "natural" stuff. Tried various natural stuff first, and got nowhere with it. (On some medical problems I've done very well with natural stuff, better than any Rx stuff, but this situation didn't turn out that way. ) ..... So I moved on to trying Rx stuff. That option is available to me because I can get Rx drugs from Mexico without a prescription. My research led me to believe that the place to start was Losartan. And, it did the trick fairly reliably, without side effects like you get from diuretics and beta blockers. Also tried the related Olmesartan, which is overall better but costs a lot more since it's not off patent yet. Having established that the sartans work for me, I asked my doctor to give me an Rx for the (cheaper) Losartan, and by shopping around I got it at a local independent pharmacy for about 15% of what Wal-Mart and Walgreens quoted me. So it pays to shop around! 50 mg dose drops BP about 20 points and it lasts long enough that twice a day dosing is almost good enough, although 3 times a day at 25 mg does better despite the fact that's less total dosing overall.

Also tried Metoprolol, it dropped the BP but also caused bradycardia (which it does in many people) so I nixed that.

What works for me may not work for you, but if you haven't tried the sartans, I'd say definitely give that a shot.

I realize this is off-topic, but I hate to see someone suffering from a health problem for which there might be a relatively easy fix. And high BP being a very common ailment, that's why I handled it with a forum post rather than a PM.

Wishing you the best,

--Dave Johnson

Dave,

It's been a long time since I have heard from you. My problem is not just high blood pressure but uncontrollable blood pressure. It is sometimes high and sometimes low but it is never the same way for long. I have been put on all sorts of medication and none of it seems to make one iota of difference. As you know, blood pressure is called the silent killer as one does not feel any symptoms. I however do feel symptoms. I can therefore take appropriate action such as resting or doing other things. One of the readers on this forum sent me an email with an ancient Tibetan recipe which uses large quantities of lemons and garlic. I have made some up and I hesitate to say this but it seems to be working. Both my systolic and diastolic numbers have been just slightly elevated from normal for two days. The guy who sent it to me said it would take twenty five days to work so it may just be a coincidence. I am hoping it is not as this is the first time in several years that my blood pressure has stayed near normal. Thanks for being so kind and for providing the advice. If the natural remedy does not work my next stop will be to check to see if I have tried the sartans. All the very best, Dave. * * *

Frank,

We are moving to northern Florida just across the Saint Marys river. The town is called Hilliard. It is about an hour from Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island. I am looking forward to some good fishing and of course some detecting. The property is on 43.5 acres of woodland so it is also a great place for hunting. All the surrounding land for many miles is owned by timber companies so there are almost no neighbors which is nice. All the very best, Dave. * * *

Why worry when its not costing anyone any money ? Better something that works than the half finished efforts that so many detectors seem to be today, though don't forget "Goodmore" says its vapourware notwithstanding the hundreds of people who have seen it.

Meanwhile I too got hit with the blood pressure thing. Off the chart at one time. Now semi under control but with the odd high/lows Dave mentions. Only problem is I feel better with the high blood pressure and no medication than stabilised and taking the pills. Still I get my treatment for free. Always knew there had to be one advantage to living in the U.K. !

Hello Dave,
Do not doubt of narural remedy , it work but it is a whole thing that you must care ...... of your food also and have a good homeopathic doctor that give you remedy also acupunctur , neural therapy a true holistic therapy...and you will be 100% ok with a very good arterial pression...i hope very much you encounter this doc and have a good health.
Alexis