Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another way to find some new places to hunt. :detecting:

tabman said:
This has been a valuable tool for me. http://www.historicaerials.com/

You compare what's here to day to was there in some cases in the past. You find where old building have been torn down etc.

tabman

Yes that's what I use! One of the best and interesting to look at 1938 around Chicago!

Yeah! Even Mapquest satellite is better than nothing! A guy can find any old town, and sort of zoom in and figure things out..plot a route, Like the older neighborhoods, creeks, RR trestles, even the 'rich' neighborhoods are easy to see by how large the yards are, or the backyard swimming pools..the schools, ballfields, all that jump right out...I like those little out of the way older parks in older neighborhoods, the nearest water to what appears to be the oldest school, all that stuff...hell, a guy can really set up a game plan to hunt a big sports complex just by studying a location from the satellites eye...:thumbup:
Mud

I have found cellar holes and old foundations as well on google earth. It's very helpful and detailed. The ability to go back in time and look at old maps of the se area is great to in finding spots to hunt

I work for the Geek Squad and alot of my clients but I'm at their home I express how cool it would be to metal detector property and most of dumb suggest me coming by one day

When my Wife is on the phone I ask if who's she's talking to lives in an old house? She usually says be quiet or ignors me. Then I keep asking until she says "My husband wants to know if you live in an old house so he can metal detect it?" You would be surprised how many properties I have to hunt by bugging my Wife. Also, I use my Sons the same way. They say "I'm going to my friends house tonight" I say "If they live in an old house ask them if I can metal detect it?" However you do it - just do it..... Make other people do your asking! It works!!