Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any advice on hunting a surf spot please

Water wizard

Does anybody find much decent stuff on beaches with a big tidal range that are used by surfers? I am thinking of going to hunt the beach I surf at and I'm wondering if all the losses will be at low tide, even though the best time to surf is mid to high tide on the push. I know exactly here the line up is, I've surfed it for 20+ years, but where will all the goodies be? With the sand super low right now I'm thinking of a 2am low tide hunt tonight, I hope the sand is low on that beach, it's a bit of a mission.....warm bed or wet windy beach with possibly some low sand and some bling, tough choice....

Most of the high value items that I have found on Surf beaches (deep water and sloping beaches with undertow) have been at or near the King tide low water mark although these beaches tend to be low producers with swimming beaches being the best good target spots.
Other than that, Targets are spread wide from the dry sand all the way into the water on most beaches.

Where is it that you surf WW...........if it's a beach I detect I may be able to point you in the right direction.I'm no expert or anything but I have found certain areas that produce more than others.

Cheers guys, I surf at sunton sands, I found loads of light aluminium and a 10.7g silver ring there last night...you detected there Nauti?

I've detected there once up on the dry sand although I was thinking about giving it a go the other day.There's got to be a lot of jewelry there as I don't think that many detect it do they?I see you had a nice silver ring from there......where there's one there are more.Must be worth a good go......it would take a few trips to determine where the good areas are but it might be worthwhile.
All the best,neil.

Found one of my best finds at a surf beach....gold coin ring, winter 2008 I think it was. And there were surfers out, lowtide as far as I can remember. And just about were all the action was, being the beach was maybe a 200 yards, Found in the middle, and wetsand.

I found a 1942 half dollar above the high surf line. Must have been high surf and high waves that got it there. Highest concentration of finds
was where the waves make if furthest up the beach. New pennies don't quite make it up that far. This was with my Infinium.
Good luck
Rich