Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any clue what this is?

GoldHunter529

This was found in a farm field that has been used for that purpose since the early 1800s.

Anyone have any clue what this could possibly be or how old it may be?

daPW1Ky_d.webp

Might want to try reattaching the picture. I can’t seem to access it.
Hmm that's weird, maybe it was because it was a .webp file. I have converted it and uploaded it as an attachment this time. Hopefully you're able to see it this time.
Sorry it's a little rusty in this pic. I'll upload another one when I get it cleaned up a bit

Attachments

• daPW1Ky_d.jpg
    daPW1Ky_d.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 66
A photo after cleaning will certainly help. Looks like some type of adjustment link to me.

A photo after cleaning will certainly help. Looks like some type of adjustment link to me.
I have attached some updated pictures.
EDIT: After extensive research, I have determined it to be a tooth/rock guard from an old sickle bar mower. Now it'd be nice to at least get an approximate age on it.

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpg
    IMG_2871.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2881.jpg
    IMG_2881.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2882.jpg
    IMG_2882.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I think you are correct.

Thats exactly what it is! I have one and cant find it to save myself, looks like a mid-evil dagger when I first found it!!

Part of a cutter on a farm implement?
It is called a sickle gard that is used on the sickle mower and even on swathers and combine to cut the hay, crops and even weeds. Up here in ND we are a farming community, in my younger year i help to replace many of these when I worked for A farmer.