Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Delorme PN 40 users?

88SIII

I picked up a used Delorme PN-40 hand held GPS and the unit works fine. However, I cannot download any of my tracks or waypoints. Is there any still avail software I can install to download the trip data?

Thanks, TJR

Well, Delorme was bought by Garmin, so you'll need to go to the Garmin support page for the PN40. They also have some firmware updates on the support pages that may be relevant. They have some software online that should allow you to do what you are asking ans well on manuals on how. They have changed from the map download options (monthly/annual subscriptions etc that Delorme used to offer) and you can download maps free here:

https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/Lk2XHiRVvX3ueQLUQb0cn6

Not sure about all the topo and sat maps as I haven't researched it that well. I have a Delorme PN GPS but can't offer any more specific information. I'd suggest reading through the info on their site, and calling support if you have any questions. They should be able to help you.

Thanks for the info. I also have a Garmin 60csx that I still use regularly and I love it. But .. the PN 40 has a better color display and slightly higher resolution. Plus the PN 40 allows for paperless geocaching , certainly better than the 60csx in that regards.
I have been able to download to the PN 40 sets of way points using GSAK, (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)m but not upload anything back from the device. I have all the cords and USB cables needed to connect to a PC, The device came loaded with the local topos, so that's handy and I did received DVD's of other Topo areas. There just isn't any I/O software on the DVD's to work back and forth. So thanks again for the info. TJR

I picked up a used Delorme PN-40 hand held GPS and the unit works fine. However, I cannot download any of my tracks or waypoints. Is there any still avail software I can install to download the trip data?

Thanks, TJR
I just bought one on eBay, still learning it.