Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Harley riders ?:ukflag:

hydraglide

Any HD riders here ? I have a 1997 FXDWG Wide Glide, had it 8 years now, got 45000 on it now. It's almost stock,in excellent condition, with just some tasteful extras, I swapped the standard wheels for 80 spokes and it has a Stage 1 tune and EV 23 cam. It's my second Evo the first being a 98 Superglide. In between I had an 04 Softail which I only kept 6 months.if I were to buy a new Harley, it would either be the new Switchback (Road Queen) or more likely a Heritage Softail.

Hi,
Yep.
I still own my trusty old shovelhead.
There isn

I have owned 4 prior Harley's to the one I have now (one being a custom bulit 83 Shovelhead).
I currently I own a 2008 FLHTCU.
The biggest improvement (short of many many cosmetic upgrades) I did was getting rid of the notorious duals "hot left backside of your thigh" and put on a black 2-1 tuneable Super-Trapp pipe. I then added a PC-V and let her breath a lil better.
When I am not to busy hunting I ride.. :cheers:

I ride a 99 Softail , its all stock . Its black and chrome and looks like a mean chopper. Im rigging up a pack right now for my xterra 505 so I can ride to my detecting spots with my MD . I like to combine hobbies. its a lot of fun pulling up on the bike and then breaking out the x terra and hunting til im sweaty then air drying back on the bike.

2012 Harley-Davidson FLHR, Stock mufflers, Jackpot 2-1-2 stainless head pipe, Fuel Moto Pro Billet Air Kit, Dynojet Power Vision tuner, custom tune by Fuel Moto. Stock mufflers have not been modified in any way, they are factory stock. Video recorded with GoPro HD Hero 2 and Audio-Technica Lavalier Microphone. Microphone was taped to rear of right side saddle bag... used a foam windscreen.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQEJHL_bg2Y[/video]

Nice bike Phil.
Liked the vid as well.:thumbup:
I love my Supertrapp 2-1 on my Ultra Classic as I can add and subract discs for the sound I want.
It really helped with performance coupled with the PC-V and the K&N AC kit. Not to mention my bottom of my left inner thigh no longer gets cooked.:laugh:

I ride..... Currently have a '39, '54, '83. Had a newer one and couldn't warm up to it so I sold it. The '54 has been ridin in every state west of Mississippi including Tn. and Ms. The knucklehead has been ridin more local and usually no more than 800mi on a single trip. Here's a pic (North Cascade Hgwy) of the '39 on the way from Montana to the Wash coast. All my bikes are rigid choppas........

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w44/oneguy54/P7250026.jpg

That's a nice bike Oneguy, I decided against a new Harley and kept the 97, laid up for winter at this time, too old for bad weather,plus MD is my winter hobby. This summer me and the Mrs are doing a trip to the States renting a Heritage and touring the SE, FL,GA,SC,NC,Smokys and TN, really looking forward to it.

Phil_R said:
2012 Harley-Davidson FLHR, Stock mufflers, Jackpot 2-1-2 stainless head pipe, Fuel Moto Pro Billet Air Kit, Dynojet Power Vision tuner, custom tune by Fuel Moto. Stock mufflers have not been modified in any way, they are factory stock. Video recorded with GoPro HD Hero 2 and Audio-Technica Lavalier Microphone. Microphone was taped to rear of right side saddle bag... used a foam windscreen.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQEJHL_bg2Y[/video]

Phil, you would have to post that video! :)
Every Spring just about this time a year, i get a bug up my a_s to go out and buy another Harley.
Had 3 of em over the past years, a Glide and 2 Sportsters.

Made a couple long distance trips with one of the Sportsters from Illinois to New Mexico and another to Montanna.
Blew the drive sprocket oil seal on the way back home. No problem, just stopped at every gas station and added more oil!
I could write a book on all the stories during my biker years, the good and the bad.

My first bike was a Honda CL350 dubbed the 'street scrambler'. Wish i still had that bike too! Had as much fun off road as on.

I got hurt a year ago and thus decided to get back into detecting after an 18 year layoff. A friend and his girl fell over in front of me. She was getting burned and was screaming , I jumped off my bike a little too soon , still moving , I twisted both knees. My recovery has been slow. This on a funeral ride and I was in the grass of the cemetery. We rode a lot before this happened. i am getting better and will be back in the saddle soon. We have a 91' Heritage that has been owned by two friends since new and its in good shape. We ride The Cherohala Skyway often

roaddust66 said:
I got hurt a year ago and thus decided to get back into detecting after an 18 year layoff. A friend and his girl fell over in front of me. She was getting burned and was screaming , I jumped off my bike a little too soon , still moving , I twisted both knees. My recovery has been slow. This on a funeral ride and I was in the grass of the cemetery. We rode a lot before this happened. i am getting better and will be back in the saddle soon. We have a 91' Heritage that has been owned by two friends since new and its in good shape. We ride The Cherohala Skyway often

Sorry to hear about the mishap! Hope you end up with a full recovery.

Some of my mishaps i can talk about.
The first time i dumped my then brand new Sportster i was driving down a country gravel road and lost control in a deep gravel rut. As i started to pick the bike back up, the first thing i saw was an insane asylum in the distance!

Another time, another gravel road this time going SLOW. There they were, two German Shepards just waiting for me. Sh_t! Couldn't outrun them cause of the gravel so i slowed down to a crawl thinking they would ignore me. Bad idea! One came right up to me seemingly friendly as though he wanted me to pet him. So i stopped.
Bad idea! That dog instantly without warning or growling wrapped his big ol jaw right around my ankle and wouldn't let go. I could actually start to feel my bone crushing.
After a couple seconds of this, i pounded the top of that dog's head with my fist and gave out a big yell. He let go and retreated. My ankle bone hurt for a couple weeks after that. Luckily i was wearing some heavy high top boots at the time.
Moral of the story, gravel roads, dogs and motorcycles don't mix.

A couple buddies and me were at this small town country bar enjoying some suds and shooting pool. I start rapping with this chick and it looked like i was gonna get lucky that night until this big ol biker dude interupted us. "What are you doing with my WIFE" and in a loud angry voice! OH! OH!
He started calling out for his buddies. Apparently they couldn't hear him, so he went over to get them.
Time to leave, in a hurry, feets don't fail me now! Me and my buddies jumped on our Harleys. They both took off but i had a kick start at the time and the dam thing as usual wouldn't start on the first kick. This guy came screaming out of the bar yelling obscenities and then gave foot chase towards me.
Luckily my Harley came to life just in time, put in 1st gear and just when it started to move this easily 200+ pound guy grabbed my b_tch bars and held on trying to stop me.

Well i gave it more gas and according to my buddies who were now watching all this, after hitting 2nd gear that guy became air born and for a good distance. This all caused me to lose control and the bike went right into a large gas meter hanging off a building. The guy finally let go laying on the ground stunned. We were at a good distance away from the bar by now with no sign of his buddies.
My buddies jumped off their bikes and made sure he 'stayed put' while i got my act together. We finally all took off never to return to that bar. No serious damage to my bike except for bent handle bars and scratches but i ended up with a fractured collar bone from hitting that meter i think.
My buddies couldn't stop laughing at the sight of that guy flying behind my Harley, sort of like something in a cartoon.