Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any help with G2+ on the sand and wet sand in saltwater

I assum
new to the G2+ has anyone used the G2+ on the beach and any info on how to setup thanks for any help
I assume you mean ground balancing in salt water ? I could not help you there as I hunt fresh water beaches with the F19 and G2+. If it's for general hunting settings at the beach, I set the detector on volume 10 to knock out iron sounds and I dig just about everything with an ID of 48 or higher. The tiniest gold ring I have found there is really very small and ID's at 48. In all honesty I should dig everything past iron to find small gold but I end up digging too much foil trash when I start digging everything in the 40-50 range. I don't use the notching feature nor do I use v-break at the beach. Good luck !

I did a search and wasn't finding many older threads that I kind of remembered talking about using the G2 over wet salt. There is a short thread a little below yours. It is at https://www.findmall.com/threads/g2-in-salt-water.306072/

I haven't had a G2. I have done a bit of wet salt sand work with the F75LTD. I found it fairly good in the wet salt sand by running in all metal and staying on top of the ground balance. The G2 will ground balance to the wet salt sand. That is a big part of making it work in that environment. I recall reading about some people having a fair amount of success with a G2 over the wet salt sand. You may not be able to run well in discriminate mode, but I don;t really know since I haven't had one. Try it out and see what works for you. Don't be afraid of using settings that you are not used to seeing over normal dirt. Ground balance settings over wet salt tend to be very low settings.

Depending on where you are detecting, you may have to manually ground balance your G2+ in the wet sand. The automatic ground grab process may not work in the wet sand. When I have used mine I hunt parallel to the shore line and do either all dry or all wet. Hunting in all metal or discrimination mode will usually work unless the black sand gets too heavy. Don't expect a lot of depth and expect some ground noise and chatter which will let you know its time to ground balance again.

Reactions: tvr
new to the G2+ has anyone used the G2+ on the beach and any info on how to setup thanks for any help
I have the gold bug. Same machine. When you gb it will 0 or there abouts. Manually raise it to 10 or so if you can handle noise in all metal it makes the machine much more responsive to low conductors.

I have the gold bug. Same machine. When you gb it will 0 or there abouts. Manually raise it to 10 or so if you can handle noise in all metal it makes the machine much more responsive to low conductors.
It depends on how much you can raise the gb depending where you are hunting. If you are in Florida with not much black sand you will do OK When on outer banks a bit more challenging but does ok for coins. At Virginia. Beach does very well in the dry depending when they got refreshing the beach.

It depends on how much you can raise the gb depending where you are hunting. If you are in Florida with not much black sand you will do OK When on outer banks a bit more challenging but does ok for coins. At Virginia. Beach does very well in the dry depending when they got refreshing the beach.

I usually use my eqx 800 does well but if you don't have cash for one and you only go to the beach once a year you can get buy and still have fun and find stuff with the g2 or gold bug.

Watch Basia Today on Youtube. Sadly she passed away a couple years ago but she used a G2 & G2+ and made some good finds at Emerald Isle Beach NC. That gold fish pendant she found was killer. Also, was watching Gigmaster a year ago or so when a guy with a At Pro walked up to him and showed him about 5 rings he had found that day...lol. While all the Nox guys were in the wet sand he had been cleaning up the dry.