Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any idea on this?

I think the member of the month is you, with the commotion you've made ...:starwars:;)
Seriously, Dan. I have looked at thousands of buttons and could not get information from it. I even made some adjustments in Photoshop, to see if he could make out anything else in the images, but I couldn't identify it.
I know you always do your best for us. I'm sure we all appreciate ya! And lol on the commotion!

Smigo, I don't speak English, I use an online translator. Therefore, sometimes you may not understand me or I may not understand you correctly. :shrug:

Greetings

Having heard the comments ill share this one.
Was I think in the early 90's when I started.
In Talbot goldfields. Had just dug up a 2 gram bit then saw some pottery on the side of the hole.
I carefully dug out an old ink pot. This was from the mullock heap next to the shaft.
What I love is that the old ink pot has by accident, the makers fingerprint on it. I treasure this find so much.
What a link, the product/craft with the makers actual fingerprint from the 1800's.
Love it.
IMG_20210925_100426_640_2 (1).jpg

A preciousness!! The number of stories that will have come from that inkwell ... :cheers:
Hi. Yes I can only imagine. It was from the famous Kangaroo gully Talbot.
I will admit that im not the most monetary wise successful Aussie detetectorist. But have been in it since around 1990. But have been very fortunate to have known by doing so and from family friends from where we live to have known many very successful prospectors from before metal detectors were made.
Listening to some were the stuff of dreams. Some of the old guys showed me things they still had to pass down to their children and grandchildren. Im now 60, they are all gone. I still am ok to get out and love it. But when I go to the places they spoke about, its like im still hearing them. I love it. I dont care if I detect a tiny bit, nothing, or something good. Its that connection they passed on to me and being out there.
I'll share some stories with you guys here in the coming times, all true. I'll tag you in to read and share.
If at least from me, their stories can be told and shared, they deserve to be told.
Cheers again and thanks for the help. 👍

Thank you very much for your words again.
When I was little, I dreamed of having a detector and being able to emulate Mel Fisher and his exploits under the sea. Then I grew up, I entered the army and there an accident (to save the life of a comrade) left me half deaf. Then I got to work and it wasn't until about 25 years ago that I bought my first detector. Whenever I go out, I do it with enthusiasm, imagining stories, even if I don't find anything ...
Sometimes I watch documentaries by nugget hunters in Australia and I get a certain "envy" that I can't do it myself, but I settle for finding "stories" on the ground.
Please don't stop telling stories. They must be very interesting.v(y)
Greetings