Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any ideas on this piece?

fwcrawford

I found this some years ago while detecting around an old mid 1800's house site.
It is bronze and I am now thinking it may be a rein hook or something related to a carriage.
It appears to have a flanged piece on it that perhaps slide into something to lock it in place.
Thanks in advance for any help and that thanks for looking!
IMG_0616.JPGIMG_0617.JPGIMG_0615.JPG

I found this some years ago while detecting around an old mid 1800's house site.
It is bronze and I am now thinking it may be a rein hook or something related to a carriage.
It appears to have a flanged piece on it that perhaps slide into something to lock it in place.
Thanks in advance for any help and that thanks for looking!
View attachment 57580View attachment 57581View attachment 57582
Little off on “design” but maybe a boat oar holder?

The old house caught fire in 1890 and never was rebuilt….can’t recall how far from the house I found it, but it could have fallen off of something taken from the house during it after the fire.
The mounting piece really puzzles me too.