Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any ideas??

kochevar

Any idea what this might be?? [attachment 268441 053.JPG]

No idea what it actually is but in a pinch it would make a pretty decent plumbob. :huh:

It looks kind of like a base to a marker or turn signal. The shape is called 'Kite' but some of the teardrop lights may have had a base with straight edges. I can't find any matches to the shape but it could have been part of a light, the hole nearest to the center would've had a wire leading to the bulb. Just a thought. Here are a couple teardrop markers for example...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EEfiVMBt1mE/URfI5SB7DZI/AAAAAAAADIc/VlKrEYvoKBA/s1600/Klausmann+Scooter+signal+One+Motorcycle+Show.JPG
http://img0085.popscreencdn.com/126136894_vintageyankee-77ambermarkerchrometruck-cab-light-ebay.jpg

But it looks like the 2 holes at the lower part of your picture are the same size and both might have evidence of a bolt(signs of threads). The hole at the top looks bigger and looks like it might be smooth, suggesting a bolt was never used for that hole. Its still possible it was a base to a light but the wire would have had to go into the hole at the top which is not likely after all.

Thanks guys! I had no real idea, I did think of the plumbob though - great minds think alike.

It is only 2.5 inches long, though. It looks deceiving, good thing the ruler was pictured.

Teardrop lights are usually pot metal with chrome and have a ridge that sticks up all the way around for the lens to seat into. The same is true of cheap plastic ones.

I am thinking top hole mounted to a wall, and other 2 holes were rivet holes for a coat hanger thingy thingamajig...You know what I mean...

HH,