Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any MAC users out there

I got Parallels with the windows 7 installed. I am up and running. I contacted Windows they installed it. Thank you all for your help.

Jerseyjim

I would love to be able to hook my CTX up directly to my iMac. It doesn't make sense to go back to the "Blue screen of death" just to manipulate my metal detector. I just get so tied of re-booting all the time. I converted to all Mac about 4 years ago after being a diehard Windows user. I believe I was and very much still am part of a mass exodus away from Windows by the personal market. The Apple iPhone was the catalyst for most. Yes - Apple may be a pain to deal with as a programmer/vendor, but at least they may set standards that improve the user experience and ward off the hiccups of Windows. I feel confident it's just a matter of time before Minelab succumbs to the demand as many others have. I'll be looking forward to it.

Don't hold your breath. They have had multiple request for a Mac version and basically don't care. Don't expect the promised updates to this updatable machine either.

Had the same thoughts when purchasing my CTX not so computer savy and didn't want to mess with my MAC looked online for cheep PC only for the xchange2 program use nothing out there for less than 300 or 400 dollars ... check your pawn shops I got a nice dell experion with a fresh windows 7 loaded for $100 ha just what I was looking for.
John
CTX 3030
Tesoro Lobo, Tiger Shark
Garrett Sea hunter, propointer.
Props to Jeremy Vance disabled Vet running Vance metal detectors that man has the customer service that sets a new standard along with best prices support our Vets guys.

Old thread, I know but I too am a Mac user and one time IT Tech. It was just easy for me to go to ebay and get a Dell ATG PC laptop ( the kind that you can spill water on the KB and drop from about 3ft. without hurting it) so I can use it in the field if I need too. Cost of the Dell ATG was $195 shipped with a fresh version of Windows 7 Professional installed and a OS CD included! Worked great and no messing with my Mac.
Best of luck out there!