Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any meters available out there?

bugg

After being without a Sovereign for about 15 years, I could not resist, I picked up an XS2. Is there anyone still making meters for the Sov? I see there is a used dti meter on the big E for $300?? :stretcher:
Looking forward to spring!!

There is meters out there and some sell cheap on the auction site plus Ron our Moderator make or did make one that was real reasonable. The meter that was on the Sovereign you got was a Sun Ray DTI 2 which is my favorite and traded George those headphone you got on the deal for the meter. If you get a Minelab 550 meter I have the kits to make them 180 meters which I find work much better.

Rick

Look no further than Ron's meter on the big E. I was trying to get away from meters myself but if I were to use one, you can't beat the price and functionality of Ron's meter. Rock solid performance, mounting versatility, good visability and 1/8 the cost of that overpriced "vintage" Sunray meter! LOL

I will look into it,

The Minelab and Sunray meters can be found on Ebay and the classifieds.The Minelab meter could be a good choice if the owner didn't use it in the bad weather conditions or around the ocean.Some of the older ones have rotten circuit boards,they are not weather proofed that well.Another problem with these older Minelab 550 meters too many people modify these and do more damage using the wrong resistors or pots,I've seen a lot of these.If a 180 conversion is done get someone like Rick who has the correct parts and the experience.The latest Minelab meter has a light blue face with the word Digital on the cover these are the best.There are some Minelab 180 Digital meters in bad condition,but the good one can be found for $100-$175.The Sunray DT1 to the lll series are great meters,better weather proof than the Minelabs one in good condition $125-$250 great meters.Honorable mention is the Blackburn Avenger or Nighthawk great meters box is similar to the Sunray,but the screen will blank out in bright sun light.I used these and had to search in the shade until the screen recovered.My meter the Ron's 180 is made off a Centech platform,even though these meters look the same there is a bout 10 different versions on this meter.One of these versions is used more than the others.My goal was to make a inexpensive 180 meter,very light,quick easy mount,and better line of sight,each one of these were accomplished.I've made and sold about 800 of these meters lot of sales in Australia and the UK.My meters like the Minelab could be weather proofed better,but kept covered in bad weather will work trouble free.Of the meters mentioned mine is the only one sold with a warranty.And those who have problems I can fix at an inexpensive price.Bottom line a 180 will make life easier for the Sovereign user.HH Ron

I always wanted to try a Sovereign with the Analog Patriot Meter as like the Analog design. They are rare as hen teeth and pricey,But looks like a great meter if you are a Analog guy.

The Analog meter is too slow,with the wiggle the digital 180 will only be on the screen for a nano second,but can be seen.This is where the 180 meter will help to ID targets at extreme depths. HH Ron

I tried 2 different Patriot meters and did like the light in them, but was just too slow for my hunting of deep targets and found the iron sentry showing iron on any null the Sovereign got. I like the 180 too as it is so fast and so accurate for me anyway.

Rick

I'm a little late into this discussion, but I have the ML XS2 Meter (converted to 180), ML XS2 550 meter, and Ron's 180 meter.
I can tell you that Ron's 180 meter and the ML XS2 (180) read exactly the same when calibrated properly.

Rick do you do the 180 meter for people i had a person do it for me and it came back not fixed at all. so i was out that money

I have done some of the MInelab 550 meters for others that didn't know how to solder and didn't want to take the chance. Made them 180 meters and as far as I know there has been no complaints and they are all working.

Rick