Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any new Garrett machines on the horizon????

Druid

Hi All,

Been watching for some time for a new Garrett unit to hit the field, any one hear anything?
Used to use a GTI 2500 and would love to see a new top end machine from Garland.

HH all,

Drew.

I'm afraid that that is one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions Fred. It's quite rare for a detecting company to give any advanced notice of the launch of a new detector, so we'll just have to sit tight patiently. When they have got all their ducks lined up, they'll cut it loose and we''l all get excited for about 3 weeks.:bouncy:
Mick Evans.

Garrett like most manufacturers are always experimenting to keep up with the competition..When a new unit will be introduced is anyones guess...

Actually when Garrett introduced the GTI 2000 way back when, They ran some teaser ads in Lost Treasure showing some clouds, and streaks of light. The ad simply said

IT'S COMING!

Garrett is way long overdue for a new machine. I can not possibly see how when someone is purchasing a new detector they lean towards the Garrett top end line with all the other machines on the market. They MUST go lighter and at least offer something with dual frequency. I find Garrett to be a little contradicting in their ads. They will compare their single frequency GTI 2500 being better for coin hunting when compared to multi frequency machines, due to the fact that the GTI has one "dedicated frequency" optimized for general hunting. But then you turn a few pages and they talk about the infinium as being great due to it's 90+ frequencies. The fact is that in the eyes of many treasure hunters the Garrett's are old fogey machines to be used for tot lots. I have a GTA-x 1250 and a Minelab Sovereign GT. I only hold on to the 1250 for two reasons. 1) it is the same technology as the other GTI and GTP detectors(minus the image feature). 2) I am waiting for something new from Garrett to trade it up to. I like my GTAx-1250 for school yard hunts. But when I see the lighter more powerful machines from the other manufactures, It is getting harder to hold on to the GTA and not jump into a Fisher F70 or a Minelab X-Terra.

Garrett has to give us a hint. If you think about it what are they afraid of? Every other company has come out with something new times two. Do they think that some manufacture is going to stop the assembly line and redo their machine since Garrett has got something new coming out?

Just my opinion

Take care
Jason

Yeah I've been on them forever to add that feature. Trouble is that most of the engineers that design detectors for any company don't use one or engage in the hobby so they don't know what is needed or wanted or works best. This is why phone jacks wind up in strange places. Every engineer should be required to be actively engaged in the hobby and be totally familiar and field savvy with the machine they design and what is needed on a detector in the field. I'd like to see a squeeze trigger mounted in the inside top of the grip. Wouldn't take a rocket scientist to mount it there but these guys just can't mentally escape the face-mounted push button as if this placement is chiseled in stone somewhere.

Bill.

If this is true that the Garrett engineers don't engage in the hobby, in order to see what the users needs are. Well, that is a shame. I find it hard to believe. Is Mr. Garrett a puppet? I mean the guy is always publishing new books. Or perhaps we are on to something in this discussion......
Perhaps Mr. Garrett is not as engaged as he says he is. Now that I think of it all of the books almost have the same info, Just worded different. Hell, I have seen the same paragraphs in different books of his.
If Garretts next machine uses phone jacks and 8 AA batteries housed in the same old GTA design, well, I would be to shocked to know how to react to the letdown. I am a detector technology enthusiast. I may not know all of the science terms, but I know the industry tricks, and bells and whistles of the trade. I mean look at the Garrett instructional DVDs. They are put together in a way where they think the viewer is one of two things. A) a child, or B) a semi senile old person. I am sorry but Garrett has this one chance with many many treasure hunters to get it right! Or perhaps Garrett simply does not wish to compete in the high end detector market. And if they don't, that's fine. But at least make your mid range machines current with today's "MODERN METAL DETECTORS" I pray we don't get insulted of another revision of that book, with the current Garrett line up still in place. I want so bad to be wrong in my thoughts about the current lagging state of Garrett's technology. But the GTA, GTI, GTP lineup is laughable every time they come out with a new buyers guide talking their products up like they where just invented. I AM A GARRETT FAN!! Don't be mislead by my criticism. But Garrett needs a kick in the rear from its customers in what we want in a new high end Machine from them.

Please don't anyone get offended. Just speaking my mind.

Take care
Jason

I'll still be hanging onto my GTI all the same. It will be very interesting to see what shows up. I'm sure there are some field testers who are siting on their itching hands about now.:devil:
Mick Evans.

JASONSPAZ1 said:
Garrett has to give us a hint. If you think about it what are they afraid of? Every other company has come out with something new times two. Do they think that some manufacture is going to stop the assembly line and redo their machine since Garrett has got something new coming out?

Once official word gets out that Garrett is coming out with a new top of the line unit sales of the 2500 will go in the toilet unless they drop the price significantly. And dealers holding 2500's wouldn't be happy. Most people thinking of a 2500 would hold off for the new unit.

I've been accused of being overly skeptical by some, but the first thing I thought when I saw the 30" coin "technique" with the 2500 from a new poster on another thread was someone with a financial reason to make people want to buy the 2500 and find those 30" coins. In all fairness, the guy seems sincere. But finding 30" coins with a VLF machine? I'd have to see it to believe it.

Trigger pinpoint is something that I really like. Sure hope the Garrett folks read what
we are saying here. There are a lot of good ideas we are kicking around.
Just ideas here but Garrett could make them a reality. Sure would like to see it myself.
Good hunting to you all ! Gene

I sure hope that they come up with something really different than what they
have been offering lately too Jason. Don't think a repackaging of what they
already have will get the job done this time. Even in these tough economic
times I think we would all take a good look at a truly different detector.
Good hunting to you Jason ! Gene

If you look at Garrett's recent track record I don't think there is anything to indicate that they are just going to repackage a GTI machine. Just look at the last few hobby products they have come up with. The ACE 250 was obviously a new design for an entry level machine and was a real step up in performance from what you could get in that price range before it came out. The Propointer is also well built, great performing new product for them.

Also consider the fact that if they wanted to just repackage old technology they could have done that very easily when they started putting the mineralization chip in the GTI's and when they switched from the old white coils to the black performance coils. Instead they just updated the current models without raising the prices and provided a good deal for owners of older machine who wanted their upgraded with the newer technology.

When they do come out with a new high end machine I am sure it will be nice machine based on innovative technology as that is what their track record is.

The thing that is a little frustrating to me, even though I understand why they do it is that they don't update their products as often as other manufacturers do. However when I look at it from their point of view I can understand where they are coming from. They make a lot more money from their security division than their hobby division and so it gets more R&D resources than the hobby division does. They probably have just one engineering team working on hobby products - they did the ace, then moved on to the propointer, and they have (hopefully) been working on a new high end machine since the propointer came out.