Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any new news from the dealers? I saw a US eBay listing.

bonepicker

I saw a listing from a dealer in Texas on my eBay app earlier tonight. When I clicked it to look, the listing said it had ended.
Either the listing sold really fast, or the dealer was just doing a test.
Not sure, but we have to be getting close, and I would not be surprised if the listing sold really fast. See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• CED23602-DA1D-426E-B663-2F32DCC86B0C.png
    CED23602-DA1D-426E-B663-2F32DCC86B0C.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
  • 3B6CBB9C-613C-4B54-A802-FCD4D09BBAEA.png
    3B6CBB9C-613C-4B54-A802-FCD4D09BBAEA.png
    584.6 KB · Views: 127
I would be really curious as to what the “real price” could be as opposed to the required “advertised minimum”. MSRP on the CTX was 2,499 when I bought mine in 2016 and I bought it for 1,800. So…I wonder if a similar thing will be going on when the D2 stock is built up a bit.

I would be really curious as to what the “real price” could be as opposed to the required “advertised minimum”. MSRP on the CTX was 2,499 when I bought mine in 2016 and I bought it for 1,800. So…I wonder if a similar thing will be going on when the D2 stock is built up a bit.
I know of one dealer who will sell them for 1300 bucks. And no, don't ask me who it is.

Sent ya a PM.

Got $150 off full price plus untaxed. Paid up front however, which I’m ok about so long as the wait isn’t more than 3- months- nearly 2 months so far so it could exceed that- hopefully doesnt.

Thanks guys! I have to say I’m pretty surprised that the price seems to be exactly what an original Deus would’ve been, that’s a bit of a mind blower. It also worries me just a bit. If it was a CTX killer in the kind of trash that the US has, and XP knew it…I would’ve thought the price would’ve been much higher. MUCH more to be seen from this machine.

Got $150 off full price plus untaxed. Paid up front however, which I’m ok about so long as the wait isn’t more than 3- months- nearly 2 months so far so it could exceed that- hopefully doesnt.
I ordered mine mid December, paid in full. I do not mind waiting, but that doesn’t mean I am not anxious and ready.
I contacted my dealer a week or so ago, and they said I was midway on the list and said most likely I would get mine on the second batch.
I was kinda hopeful they might get more than expected and I would get mine sooner.
I now believe some, if not all of the US dealers that pre-ordered have gotten or are receiving the first batch.
Guess this means the second batch will be shipping to the US in the near future. 🤞.
The first Deus was no disappointment, and I usually clean up when hunting with my buddies that are using other name brand machines.
It looks like the new deus will be the old deus on steroids, and will not disappoint. A little more depth, stability, and more accurate ID’s on deeper targets is what we have all been waiting for.
Hopefully we can get some people to chime in soon and let us know they have gotten tracking numbers, or have received their units from the first US batch.

I think that the price of the equinox (original price)and the Simplex has played a part in the pricing. I hate to give minelab any credit even though I have owned 5 of their detectors. And maybe I shouldn't include the Simplex but it is a very high quality machine for the money. (Far better build quality than minelab in my opinion)
I think maybe they realize that there are a lot of people that aren't hung up on the technology and don't take detecting as seriously as others. If they priced it too high those people wouldn't even consider it.
But still I was shocked that some dealers are offering discounts on this new machine.

Thanks guys! I have to say I’m pretty surprised that the price seems to be exactly what an original Deus would’ve been, that’s a bit of a mind blower. It also worries me just a bit. If it was a CTX killer in the kind of trash that the US has, and XP knew it…I would’ve thought the price would’ve been much higher. MUCH more to be seen from this machine.
I didn’t really start this thread to discuss price, but is it not possible that electrical components that XP uses/needs have gotten cheaper than they were 10 years ago when they first came out with the deus.
Maybe they have stream-lined their manufacturing processes.
Maybe they have sourced more cost effective materials.
Also don’t forget when the deus first came out it listed around $2K.
About 6 years ago when they were getting poplular in the US, I purchased mine and the MSRP was $1600.
I’m my opinion the first deus was the CTx killer. Just the weight alone did that. So many people dumped their CTX’s and switched over.
I feel like $1600 is a good competitive price..
We all know the reputation XP has.
I don’t think we will be disappointed.

Last edited:
I think that the price of the equinox (original price)and the Simplex has played a part in the pricing. I hate to give minelab any credit even though I have owned 5 of their detectors. And maybe I shouldn't include the Simplex but it is a very high quality machine for the money. (Far better build quality than minelab in my opinion)
I think maybe they realize that there are a lot of people that aren't hung up on the technology and don't take detecting as seriously as others. If they priced it too high those people wouldn't even consider it.
But still I was shocked that some dealers are offering discounts on this new machine.
That’s a very good point…even if it “out does” everything else, you’d still want to sell them in volume as opposed to essentially simply proving a point to only those who could/wanted to afford it. If the performance is there AND the price is in the stated range…it’ll be an absolute bombshell.

I didn’t really start this thread to discuss price, but is it not possible that electrical components that XP uses/needs have gotten cheaper than they were 10 years ago when they first came out with the deus.
Also don’t forget when the deus first came out it listed around $2K.
About 6 years ago when they were getting poplular in the US, I purchased mine and the MSRP was $1600.
I’m my opinion the first deus was the CTx killer. Just the weight alone did that. So many people dumped their CTX’s and switched over. In my opinion $1600 is a good competitive price.. We all know the reputation XP has.
I don’t think we will be disappointed.
In the arena of hunting parks, schools and old fairgrounds for old coins at depths of 8”+…the Deus 1 was the CTX killer? Never seen it, anywhere. Not even on video. I don’t understand WHY so many people want to sacrifice downright ABILITY for comfort/weight. You have actually owned and extensively used a CTX? Because saying a Deus1 in the “coin hunting arena in the United States” is a CTX killer in any way….you’re just completely in fantasy land, you know….with all due respect.

I know of one dealer who will sell them for 1300 bucks. And no, don't ask me who it is.
I have a dealer too that gave me a $1300 price also! He sold me the WS6 headphones for under $260.

In the arena of hunting parks, schools and old fairgrounds for old coins at depths of 8”+…the Deus 1 was the CTX killer? Never seen it, anywhere. Not even on video. I don’t understand WHY so many people want to sacrifice downright ABILITY for comfort/weight. You have actually owned and extensively used a CTX? Because saying a Deus1 in the “coin hunting arena in the United States” is a CTX killer in any way….you’re just completely in fantasy land, you know….with all due respect.
Here we go, lol.
I said, “in my opinion”
We are all entitled to an opinion, and I am sorry mine is different than yours.
No I have not owned a CTX.
I have used a Deus exclusively for the past 6 years.
I do not consider myself a park hunting coin shooter. I do all types of digging.
I used to be on the forums all the time posting and reading.
Can’t tell you how many times I have read where people bought the Deus and sold then sold their CTX.
It has been a while since I have even seen a CTX user. Can’t say the same for a Deus user.
If you like your CTX so much, by all means keep swinging it.

Talked with my dealer yesterday and he received shipping conformation. Ordered 20 units but is only getting one. I think thats what most dealers received. Hopefully more on next batch.

Talked with my dealer yesterday and he received shipping conformation. Ordered 20 units but is only getting one. I think thats what most dealers received. Hopefully more on next batch.
I was being optimistic, and hoping that some dealers might be getting more than the promised 1-3 units.
I believe I read somewhere the second shipment will be larger than the first.
Guess the bright side is we are slowly getting closer to arrival.
We should be seeing more US user videos and reviews soon

Let’s say for this argument if the CTX ( never seen one up close) is the better performer ( for what and where you detect , and the Deus II is next in performance, you still have lower price and more importantly, a high performance detector that’s enormously lighter and I’d say simpler to use- that’s gonna be the deciding factor for most- especially us older dudes that don’t have the stamina or strength of a young whipper snapper.At 65 I’m more robust than my co-worker that’s 50 but I detect in rough woods with hills and ravines and the lightweight Deus is so much more manageable than even the Nox let alone CTX. Also, I backpack my gear and the Deus II is perfect for that. Can’t wait to hit spots with it that have largely dried-up. My last inquiry to XP they said they couldn’t be more specific than several more weeks for the second batch. Hoping for late February-early March. Closer to the big thaw. I’d love to get it now but I’d only be able to play with it inside and after a week that’ll get old quick.

at the currant rate UK guys will take 6 months to get their D2s as its so slow on deliveries ,which come in small batches every 3 weeks

I saw a listing from a dealer in Texas on my eBay app earlier tonight. When I clicked it to look, the listing said it had ended.
Either the listing sold really fast, or the dealer was just doing a test.
Not sure, but we have to be getting close, and I would not be surprised if the listing sold really fast. See attached screenshots.
I bought form this dealer and it was a very positive experience. Arrived within 36 hours.