Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any new word on 6" coil for the NOX ?

My dealer said " a couple of weeks to a month maybe less or maybe more ". So he knows the same as we do. BUT I'm the first in line . YA !

I'm always ready for smaller and larger coils to maximize my hunting locations as needed, but I'm not sure if I'll get the small coil this time. This thing is so darn fast and so good as seeing jumbled targets, I'm not sure I would gain much with it. I may let some you others gets one and see what you think. I've always hated trying to cover an area with a 6 inch coil, feels like trying to paint a barn with a tooth brush.

Jason in Enid said:
I'm always ready for smaller and larger coils to maximize my hunting locations as needed, but I'm not sure if I'll get the small coil this time. This thing is so darn fast and so good as seeing jumbled targets, I'm not sure I would gain much with it. I may let some you others gets one and see what you think. I've always hated trying to cover an area with a 6 inch coil, feels like trying to paint a barn with a tooth brush.

Yeah ...but if you paint a barn with a toothbrush you will notice things you missed with a roller..

I am looking forward to ti! I have done numerous spills with the standard coil and it is a nightmare, to me, to separate out coins. On a typical spill I get dozens of tones and numbers on a single pass over the spot, and I generally passed it up as a piece of jagged metal (seems the machine will hit every angle and every edge of a jagged piece of aluminum or copper), but on several occasions have really slowed down, little 2" sweeps, to isolate the coins, then dig.

The thing I am actually seeing is if it hits a high tone or a good 'number' even once or twice in a sweep, I should investigate it! many many times I have dug good coins at depth surrounded by iron! The darned machine is FAST!

Good one (and true)!
Ksdirt said:

Yeah ...but if you paint a barn with a toothbrush you will notice things you missed with a roller..

Debbie from Minelab was at BONE in Keene. She told us 3-6 weeks for the accessories to
come out. That was 2 wks ago. Since the 6" coil will probably hot I would put one
on BO somewhere if you havnt

HH Tom Bugtussel N.H.
LFOD !

I'm really excited about the 6"coil coming out. As a water hunter using the CTX 3030 I had to lower the sensitivity to 15 on the stock coil but with the 6" coil I set the sensitivity to 23. On the Equinox I have to run the sensitivity at 16 to be stable so I know that the 6" will be awesome... Some might say that it is better to cover more ground with the stock coil but since the Equinox is so fast then I can sweep faster and it is easier to sweep in the water than the stock coil. I have mines on BO now and I can't wait to get it!

Just got an email reply from NEL coils. He says he should have Nel coils available for the Equinox series by August. I hope so and can't wait to see what they come up with.

A 6 or 8 inch coil might be good in the goldfields