Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any one using the Simplex on wet salt sand or in the water?

tvr

I did a search on beach and salt in the Simplex forum and am not finding much at all. Would like to hear how it does over wet salt sand and wading in the salt water if anyone has done so. It seems that if it does OK, it may be an easy to pack back up detector for when I fly places ... once things open up again.
Also may be a possible good start for the grand kids too.

Being a vlf machine it will struggle on the salt water beaches, never used it but that's the nature of the beast so to speak, wet sand that is , dry sand should be ok though .

Thanks for a reply. I've used my F75LTD, that will ground balance to the wet salt, on the wet salt sand and it does pretty well, but that detector is not water proof. Looking for some replies with actual experience with the simplex in these conditions.

The Beach Mode on Nokta Makro machines has special sauce that makes them much better than other VLF machines in salt and wet sand.

The Beach Mode on Nokta Makro machines has special sauce that makes them much better than other VLF machines in salt and wet sand.
I'm considering purchasing a Nokta Makro Simplex plus but I have 4 good machines. I've got Garrett GTI-1500 and At-Pro, Tesoro Vaquero and Bandido 2 micro max and am wondering is the Simplex really worth it. I've talked to some dealers that will not take them back if something goes wrong and a couple dealers that refuse to carry them because of problems in the past. I would respect your opinion on this. Thanks

Thanks. I watched a couple of the Gigmaster Simplex videos. It looks like it may work well as a back up and for the grand children. I was a bit disgusted to see Gigmaster and his buddy uncover a can and rather than picking it up and properly disposing it, they reburied it.

I'm considering purchasing a Nokta Makro Simplex plus but I have 4 good machines. I've got Garrett GTI-1500 and At-Pro, Tesoro Vaquero and Bandido 2 micro max and am wondering is the Simplex really worth it. I've talked to some dealers that will not take them back if something goes wrong and a couple dealers that refuse to carry them because of problems in the past. I would respect your opinion on this. Thanks

Hi

I used to have the Tesoro Vaquero and AT Pro.
The Simplex has some nice features that Garret and Tesoro did not.
i.e. Front Light, Vibration Mode, Mute, Iron Volume, and some more that I can not recall right now.
For an Authorized Dealer I have a great experience with El Dorado Metal Detectors ( https://www.eldoradodetectors.com/ ) very nice people.

Best Regards

Adolfo from Monterrey, México.

I did a search on beach and salt in the Simplex forum and am not finding much at all. Would like to hear how it does over wet salt sand and wading in the salt water if anyone has done so. It seems that if it does OK, it may be an easy to pack back up detector for when I fly places ... once things open up again.
Also may be a possible good start for the grand kids too.
I tried it for several hours in So Cal. Pretty chatty in wet sand, even with lower sensitivity. Have not had a chance to test it since update. It did great on upper slope and dry sand.

I used my simplex + on the salt water beach here up in Maine found no issues at all very stable with little to no chatter and supper depth!

I am in southern Maine, pre pandemic had it out on wet sand worked fine on both Maine and New Hampshire beaches love it, I second the depth finding it goes deep. Looking forward to when I can go back, having some fun in woods had 2 oxen shoes last weekend, this is my go to machine my only problem is the speaker stopped working about a month ago, any one else have that happen? It’s still under warranty but I can’t part with it now, when cabin fever hits I need to go swinging my goal this year is a large sent plenty of silver and IHP but large copper has been elusive to me think I am the only guy in my are still looking for one

I have only been to the beach one time with the Simplex+. I hunted the wet sand up to the dry sand behind a night club/bar. I ground balanced to 0.0 and hunted for about 2 hours. I found the Simplex+ to be very stable on the wet sand and was hitting targets deep. I didn't measure the depth, but was having to really work the sand scoop to get down to where the targets were. I am not a beach hunter, so I can not make comparisons, but I know I can go to the beach and hunt without worry with the Simplex+.

Reactions: tvr
I guess I have a lemon for a simplex , I heard lots of good stuff about the simplex and saltwater beaches but when I use mine at the beach in wet sand it chatters loud like an alarm clock going off ,numbers on the vdi spinning all over the range. Yes I’ve auto ground balanced it then manual gb to 000 checked the coil connection cleaned the coil cover, factory reset, can’t tell a good target ,turned down sensitivity from 6 bars to 4 bars to 2 bars slightly better at 2 bars but only get 3 inches depth on quarter , it’s pure junk, waiting on my nox come back from repair shop. I’ve owned several machines in the past my old bounty hunter better than this simplex

Thanks for a reply. I've used my F75LTD, that will ground balance to the wet salt, on the wet salt sand and it does pretty well, but that detector is not water proof. Looking for some replies with actual experience with the simplex in these conditions.
I have one & have tried it at my salt water beaches . I used on the wet sand & shallow water with ground balance set at 0...It works fair with some falsing. It will not find any small gold & you will lose depth for sure while using beach mode but, again it’s a single frequency unit!...you will do ok finding coins or larger objects...It is what it is!

I guess I have a lemon for a simplex , I heard lots of good stuff about the simplex and saltwater beaches but when I use mine at the beach in wet sand it chatters loud like an alarm clock going off ,numbers on the vdi spinning all over the range. Yes I’ve auto ground balanced it then manual gb to 000 checked the coil connection cleaned the coil cover, factory reset, can’t tell a good target ,turned down sensitivity from 6 bars to 4 bars to 2 bars slightly better at 2 bars but only get 3 inches depth on quarter , it’s pure junk, waiting on my nox come back from repair shop. I’ve owned several machines in the past my old bounty hunter better than this simplex
Simplex is a good machine for the $$ but , not for salt water beaches.....it’s best to stay with the machines designed for the job...Simplex will not hang with multi frequency units or pulse at those locations.

I used my simplex + on the salt water beach here up in Maine found no issues at all very stable with little to no chatter and supper depth!
What your settings and version you using for the beach? My machine chatters like a alarm clock,

As Joe Black said, it is a great VLF machine for the money, but on wet salt beaches, it cannot compare to a multi-frequency machine. If you want a good beach machine for not a lot of cash, I recommend the Minelab Vanquish. I have a Simplex +, and I love it for hunting relics and cellar holes, etc.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm having same chatter problems in wet salt sand, even balancing at 00.
Here (Italy) there's a guy that shows that setting in all-metal and balancing to 00 you get a stable machine:
To be honest I've never tried all-metal+00 (perhaps I tried beach+00, but no joy). I'll give it a try next time, but I'm not so confident.
Btw, I see that different people have different results: some say they have a stable machine, others get an unusable machine because of continuous chatter.
It seems that Simplexes are not all the same... I'm quite confused.

Hi, I'm having same chatter problems in wet salt sand, even balancing at 00.
Here (Italy) there's a guy that shows that setting in all-metal and balancing to 00 you get a stable machine:
To be honest I've never tried all-metal+00 (perhaps I tried beach+00, but no joy). I'll give it a try next time, but I'm not so confident.
Btw, I see that different people have different results: some say they have a stable machine, others get an unusable machine because of continuous chatter.
It seems that Simplexes are not all the same... I'm quite confused.

I haven't tried a Simplex yet but read a lot of the same variations of experiences with the F75. When I used it (F75) over the wet salt sand it was best done in all metal and the ground balance was very close to zero. There is a lot of variation in stability that can be gained or lost with settings; sometimes a little change in sensitivity can make a big difference. Coinboy007 did a nice little settings video here: https://www.findmall.com/threads/saltwater.353043/#post-2292536
And I've seen a lot of variance in people's tolerance for listening through a little chatter vs declaring it unusable.
Hope it works out for you!