Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any salmon fishermen out there?

fenian13

Here is a nice fat male Coho that I caught and relased on the Salmon river in Pulaski, NY. Can hardly wait for this year's run, .....FISH ON !!

The record for coho here in NY is 33 lbs. It was a nice catch for the fishery that produced it. The kings run 30 plus often, with older bigger ones in the mix. This ain't Oregon and these are freshwater run fish, not ocean giants.

The Coho and Chinook Salmon are not native here. We are quite happy with our stocking program. We also get some nice rainbows and big browns. At the right time of year all 4 in a day from the same stretch of water.

At least here in NY we don't have to keep looking over our shoulder for hungry bears.

Would love to fish for Ocean run monsters someday though.

have Salmon down here in South Texas...sorry. I did notice that the fish that you are holding is a silver, grey color. I always thought that Salmon was a red/pink colored fish. Kelley (Texas) :)

The lake run Coho salmon varies in color. Some are silvery and some get more bright coloring. The Coho and Chinook, unlike the Atlantic salmon, die after spawning.

The colors vary depending on genetics and diet. They also change color after they have been in the river for a while. The Chinooks get very dark greenish when they have been in from the lake for a few weeks. Some Coho's look almost like a rainbow trout.

The run is just weeks away from starting. I will try to get some pics showing color variations. Patrick

I was just kidding about the baby, our coho are not near that big. 15 to 20 lbs is huge here. getting ready to go after 40 lb plus chinook tho

So you were pulling my leg? And I was just packing for the West Coast.

We are told we have a world-class fishery here in NY. People come from hundreds of miles for our salmon run.

I am addicted to it. I'll bet you are too. Slamon fishing spoils you. Nothing on land like it.

We should see some nice fish this year. The charter boat captains have reported some large kings.

Good luck. Hope you get a few of those 40 pounders! Peace. Patrick