Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any suggestions on best settings fo Nokta Legend

johnrab54

I will be hunting an old historic property this weekend that has been hunted a few times by several people already. It is an old home site dating back to the late 1700's with a large yard. Not expecting to find many shallow targets, so I will be looking for deeper relics and possible coins & jewelry. Any suggestions on what settings I should use ?

Welcome to the Forum. That sounds like an interesting site to hunt. I will suggest sticking with the fundamentals. Get the machine stable, get a good ground balance, use little to no Disc & scan slowly & carefully listening for good tones hiding in the trash that will be there. Easy targets are probably long gone. The site will tell you what you need to do to have success. The Legend is a great machine and will well. Be sure and post your experience to let us know how thing go. Good luck.

I would put my personal expectations setting on low , use the slower than common swing speed setting and the endless digging of all targets on the highest setting. ;)As much as we like to think the machine will make all the difference , the fact that several machines have already passed over the ground makes the user every bit as much a factor as the machine. Look for the most likely spot to have had a lot of traffic and concentrate there and from different directions with different frequencies. As above , keep us posted.

Some great suggestions from JCR TX and sprchng, you have not stated what version your Legend is, so i will say this, if your Legend is 1.11 version run it wide open meaning set the IF to 0 and sensitivity as high as the ground will allow you, run in Field Mode, A (All Metal) pattern or G (Ground OFF) Pattern do not discriminate anything, ground balance over ground you know is void of any metal objects and frequency shift, if you are getting a machine gun tones increase your recovery speed you will loose a little depth, increasing the recovery speed has helped me when I am getting into heavy iron particles in the ground when detecting for gold nuggets, the Legend seems to like a faily quick swing speed but I am an advocate of slow swing speed other than what I have stated have fun

A coin signal will turn to iron tone as depth increases. Don't ignore deep iron signals. Probably iron but in that location, it could be the find of a lifetime. Good targets will probably be masked by trash, too, which causes bad tones and jumpy numbers. Some say, "When in doubt, dig it out." In your case even when there is no doubt it is bad, dig it anyway. You might be surprised. I would imagine the people there first left you some nice targets disguised as iron or something else. If you don't dig you will never know.

I think this is more important than what settings you use. There are multiple settings that will work. Good luck! I hope you find a cache.