Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any testing done on how it handles high EMI environments?

Chris(SoCenWI)

Might be time to finally replace my XS.

I am curious to see more on how the display works, and how well the machine works under power lines. Pretty well convinced that most remaining coins are buried in trash; and that trying to find them in a electrically noisy urban environment makes that a challenge.

Chris

There is a mention here , on an Australian based website, by one of the appointed testers of the Minelab CTX3030 in Australia, Marksman :

http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php/topic,11408.0.html

Where he says:

"Had a bit more time today to finish the old site I started the other day, and what a day I had the 3030 was humming along beautifully with electric fences all around me on each side. It was one target after another today but the highlight would be the Cricket Buckle, Silver Butterfly and the Jubilee The Wesleyan Churches South Australia 1886 Medallion."

It's an honest assessment from a credible user, Marksman and unless there is something weirdly different with emi over your side of the planet, it's seems a good indication of how well it could cope with electric fences that might emit a different emi. The etrac does well with handling emi. Come to think of it , so does my Explorer SE and Ex2. Must be high level output close to the ground form those overhead cables affecting the Explorer......maybe you should avoid detecting under those hazardous conditions if they're that strong, though some of us, myself included take a risk if it means finding something....even under such high emi sources...........damned metal detecting is sterilizing us.....:stretcher:.