Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any word on the "Bigfoot" coil for Racer?

Dreaming?

If we keep talking about it, it may happen.

MAKRO----PLEASE--PLEASE--MAKE A BIGFOOT COIL FOR THE RACER.-----Build it & we will come (buy it)!!!----Many of us would purchase it!

Maybe Makro should crowd fund it. To show how serious I am they can have a deposit right now just to get going on the project.

Man, watch out they might actually make it then I'll have to get one! Just kidding, but really if they do make one it be great to power sweep some big open parks.

I would absolutely take one if they made it. Actually might take two as my wife could use my Red Racer for comp hunts and I could use the Black Racer.

[size=x-large]What say ye Makro???[/size]

Its a 3" x 18" coil used for covering large areas of ground fast.

A big foot would have to be deep and fast the whites was not deep but great at parks. Wonder for relic hunting how it would work. Bigger footprint covers lots of ground. You know if they made it and did it right they could clean up on their machines...

I sent her this link...
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBT7qMOM1WOOgAyx9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyYjUwMmQzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjExNzlfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=White+Bigfoot+Coil&fr=chrf-yff30

Is the request for a 3x18" DD like the Tesoro Cleansweep or is the request for a 3x18" folded figure 8 coil like the Bigfoot?

There is big difference in performance between the two coils to the tune of about 6" or more. The 6" to 7" depth potential of the 3x18" DD is ok, but I would much rather have the 12" to 13" depth potential of the folded figure 8 Bigfoot style coil.

Make sure when you are talking Bigfoot that you are talking the 3x18" folded figure 8 coil.

HH
Mike

I've been using the BigFoot for over 20 years on White's detectors like the Eagle II SL 90.5, XLT, Spectrum, IDX Pro, M6, MXT, DFX, and V3i. I've never gotten more than 5 - 6" depth in dirt. Sure would like to know what I need to do to get 12 inches out of one! I think 5-6" depth would be great. The BigFoot was made to cover lots of ground, and be very light weight. The're not old, deep coin, or relic coils for sure.

My Bigfoot runs like yours Tom. And in fact the last thing I want is a deep seeking Bigfoot. The whole point of the thing is to pop surface targets at high speed using a screwdriver, not digging deep holes. I acquire a target with the Bigfoit, then stab it with my pinpointer. If the pinpointer can't see it, too deep, I am moving to next target.

I would prefer a figure 8 Bigfoot style coil but would also find an elongated DD Cleansweep style coil to be perfectly acceptable. One of those on a Racer 2 would be the detector Tesoro should have built but never did.

It would be awesome to have the ability to shut the back half the coil off ( like the Bigfoot), but I agree with Steve, a DD Cleansweep style would also rule the turf. With all the options of the R2, the combination would dominate. Could call it the "BIGGY-RACER" , or BIG-E-RACER : (bigfoot eraser)LOL

I suspect that careful and obsevant users know way more about the real - in the dirt behavior of detectors than their designers.

No offence intended, but "crowd sourcing" results in real situations and is a huge database - much larger than the manufacturers and their development testers have available. No criticism of any of them, it's just a fact of life.

The problem is how to collect and analyze this "crowd sourced" data.

I bought a "Goldfoot" coil from Tom Slick, who you know, and who is a neighbor. this is a "half" Bigfoot. 9" x 2".

Guess what. On my IDX Pro, it not only passes the "down the barrel" nailboard test, but, amazingly, in all metal, gives me a threshold waver and correct ID on an 8" deep quarter four years buried in my AZ red dirt.

Coil technology is the "other" black art in detector land. It also is the hardest to study and quantify. The Chinese thieves can pirate the circuit design and even the software of our detectors, but their coils - so far - suck.