Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody besides me get program happy?

Mike Hillis

I find myself getting program happy.

Creating stuff like "TinyGoldVCO" for hunting stuff in the -30 to +5 range (normalized). Getting to where my evenings are involved in custom creations, tones, displays, disc patterns, etc.

I'm not very good at it yet, still have trouble getting things to change correctly but I'm slowly working it out, bit by bit.

Kind of fun. Better than TV.

HH
Mike

I have a few programs set for sites that are drastically different from everything else . Most of the time I'm just using the same program and tweak as I got

Still learning my machine about the only changes I have done is the recovery delay (45 in Hi-Pro ~ 60 in coin / jewelry
And turn pinpoint VCO on in coin and coin / jewelry programs ..

Thanks

Makes me wish that White's would introduce a wireless USB dongle that could connect to the V3i for quick copying of programs!

Initially I tried setting up multiple programs and found the need to modify too many setting on the fly to gain performance as conditions change. I've tailored tones and discrimination to my liking and adjust sensitivity, filters, transmit freq & recovery delay on the fly to adjust for conditions and coil in use on the fly.

It was Whites intention to have update capabilities on the Vision - V3 but Minelab owns the patent for updating metal detectors via data transfering devies by end users. That is why Minelab is suing XP Detectors because of thede use of usb updating by end users.

See this link on Steve Herschbach's Detector Prospector forum - http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/

link to the patent document. http://www.google.com/patents/US7310586

We just need to hang out for a while and let the Minelab company self destruct. Then and only then Whites can move forward with this idea of updating via USB. Just seeing all of Minelab's distribution and manufacturing facilities closing in the USA leads me to believe that they are going down fast.

voorhees231 said:
We just need to hang out for a while and let the Minelab company self destruct. Then and only then Whites can move forward with this idea of updating via USB. Just seeing all of Minelab's distribution and manufacturing facilities closing in the USA leads me to believe that they are going down fast.

They are far from closing they sell more machines than any other company. Heck when it comes to beach hunting rh Excalibur is the gold standard. Nobody else makes a machine that's as good. Mine of course is a bit better as it's a Irish excal.