Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody ever use the Sunray X12?? if so....

I need some info, How stable is it? Do you have to turn down the sensitivity or gain
to get it to stabilize. I just bought one.And as soon as I turned on my XS it just went nuts.
I couldnt even hunt with it.Kind of figured it was the location,but now as i have used it in several places,it is very unstable.Today I turned down my gain to 5,and sensitivity to manual 17 and sometimes lower .I can get it to where i can actually hunt with it.Is this normal for this coil? Any tips or hints would be appreciated. Thanks Stan

Stan----If you have used the X12 in several areas and still had that problem--I would say NO, that's not normal with that coil.--I used one in different areas & with different settings on my EX 2 and found it to be a good, stable coil.--Mine did get a little "ratty" in a couple of areas but that was not at all the norm.----You could possibly have a bad cable or cable/coil connection.----My suggestion to you would be:---Pose that question/problem on the Sunray Forum here.--Ralph (Sunray) will get right back to you (he's really good about that) and try to help you with the problem.------Del

I used one on my EXP2 all the time.Yes you may have to keep the sens.down until it gets stable but that said it is still a very deep coil. I pulled a wheat penny from 13+ inches with it once and my sens.was around 18 to 22.GR

you could have a badly wired coil..... send it back and have them test it.... they will tell you if it is wired properly

Haven't used it much. First time was last weekend on dry sand with an SE. Heck I didn't even change the settings. Took of the SR8" and put on the 12" Did cover lots more ground faster and I had no problems pinpointing with it either. Wasn't a hassle to use. Plugged it in and went to work. That being said, my guess is there probably is something haywire in your setup. Do go to the Sunray forum or call SunRay. They are usually really helpful. Jim

I couldnt get the sensitivity much past 10.When it acted up,More like 5 or so to get it stable.I sent it back the guy I was dealing with was a stand up guy,and had no problem taking it back.Thanks for the replies.Just purchased and Excellerator coil from a dealer.
Went from very large coil to a small coil.:laugh: Maybe later on Ill try the bigger coil.
Happy Hunting all and again Thanks Stan in Colo

Same here, I have to run the sens a little lower with it but it runs smooth as silk and gets great depth and coverage without feeling like I put on a larger coil.

The S12 is a really good one also. Sunray really did a good job on these coils:cheers:

Neil