Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody still using mercury?

silvercoinboy

Remember using Mercury for concentrates in a tumbler in the 1980's per the mining books of the time. Work well with clean (acid and fire) concentrates

I remember in the 60s a well known local restaurant used to clean its cash coins in a mercury solution. I do not know if those were silvers or clads but it was in the 60s. Shiniest dang coins in town! Probably not enough on them to hurt you but you sure knew when you had when of their coins!!!!

Haven't even seen any since I was a kid in the mid 50's

Probably hard to find these days. Or overly regulated. Remember the days when you could buy dynamite in our hardware/farm stores.
Don't remember that...BUT, shoulda stocked up! :rolleyes: Woulda come in handy at a Biden rally. :devilish::sneaky:

In high school back in the 60s, we had a jar almost pint size full of mercury. We could stick our fingers in it and not get them wet, shine coins, whatever. There were small plastic mazes with a drop of mercury in them. The youth leader in our church explained the Trinity with three drops of mercury in his hand becoming one when wiggled together. The only place I am afraid of mercury is in vaccines although the government assures us it is safe in the doses they recommend. (See "thimerosal" before calling me a conspiracy theorist.)

A couple of years ago some kids broke a mercury thermometer in the street. Hazmat was called in to clean it up and the site was monitored for quite some time. That was the government there to help (sarc.)

Good stuff just dont touch it or breath the fumes. Was taught how to clean up the dust by using a little mercury and rolling it around untill you had a silver clump then burn it and the left over is GOLD!.......I still have a couple of jars partly filled with black sand and tiny tiny flecks of gold i would like to use mercury on but can't find any.

In high school back in the 60s, we had a jar almost pint size full of mercury. We could stick our fingers in it and not get them wet, shine coins, whatever. There were small plastic mazes with a drop of mercury in them. The youth leader in our church explained the Trinity with three drops of mercury in his hand becoming one when wiggled together. The only place I am afraid of mercury is in vaccines although the government assures us it is safe in the doses they recommend. (See "thimerosal" before calling me a conspiracy theorist.)

A couple of years ago some kids broke a mercury thermometer in the street. Hazmat was called in to clean it up and the site was monitored for quite some time. That was the government there to help (sarc.)
They also said mercury was safe for fillings in your teeth now it cost 500 dollars to get one tooth replaced with porcelain .sube

Here ya go. Not cheap.