Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody usine the 5.3

colt

I have the little shooter DD, was wondering if anyone is using the 5.3 coil and how is it working.

Colt

This coil is a main use coil for me on rough hillsides,trashy parking strips,super tough EMI, and bushes. No other coil does all this together as well.

It having good depth is completely due to it's smaller size (in it's having to read less ground noise) and gets you into the average old coin depth well. Bobs, pokes and centers targets most efficiently.

A must have coil. The 5.3 and the super12 are my go to coils 99% of the time. If its trashy I just go straight to the 5.3. If there is limited trash I skip the d2 and go straight to the super12. I found 7 wheat cents in half an hour and one merc in a yard with 3 other detectors going that didnt find a single wheat. Majority of the wheats where over 5".

I'm in full agreement regarding the 5.3 coil. I used one on my old DFX and got 6" easy on dimes and cents. I never got that out of the 6"x10" on the DFX. I'm due to add a V rated 5.3" for my V3i . This time round I got a V rated 6"x10" and it hits deeper than it did on my DFX. It's about time I see a thread re the 5.3" as I kept seeing people commenting how much the liked that 6"x10" and thought they were missing this little gem.
HH-Bruce!

Used the 5.3 for years on the XLT....and had to have one for V3i also..excellent coil....use it all the time!

Colt,

I keep my 5.3 on my detector about 90% of the time when hunting parks and lots. Excellent coil for hunting under playground equip. too. When using this coil, I start with RX at 4 and increase to 12 - 14 or until it becomes unstable or chattery. I then back off until it smoothes out and I'm ready to hunt. I've tried TX boost with success but seems to drain batteries down. It gives a little more punch to get the signal down another inch or so.

Good Luck,

TC-NM

Forgot to mention, AM = 78 and DISC = 88 are my settings that I use here in the SW.

That little guy is my main EMI coil for parking strips ans under power lines with leaky transformers. TX Boost is the game changer.

My DFX is a killer with the 5.3 Cant wait to use it on my V. Dug pull tabs an easy 8 inches in mixed mode with it

I have used them on my XLT, MXT and DFX, now I have one on the way and my V3i is on its way back from White's service center, so I will be flying high and looking back. Man I have a new 10" D2, 4x6 DD, and the 5.3 all with lower rods, I am gona do some serious hunting.

Colt.