Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone else experience this?

jeff & Maria

It shut off on it's own a few weeks ago, battery good, voltage checks OK connection clean and tested. At one point it turned back on, and was working fine. Next time out same thing. Push the on button and you can hear the "turning on" sound but no screen or otherwise. Removed the back of the control head, all looks good and clean. I guess it's got to be sent in for repair, Who does it go to at this point?

Thanks, Jeff

The same thing has happened to my eTRAC a few times over the years usually after it was dropped hard. A quick slap to the control box always fixed it. Try that a couple times before sending it in for repairs.

Once the warranty expired on my eTRAC, I finally took the control box apart and re-seated all the numerous connectors inside including the big mother/daughter board connector and haven't had that happen since....so far.

Also remove the battery pack and take a look down the battery pack cavity with a flashlight. The +/- contact springs could be corroded or collapsed. Simple fixes if thats the case.

Edit: Also check the battery pack +/- contacts for corrosion.

I think Kellyco is the repair center fo minelab now. I'm not sure if that's just for the CTX or all of their products. Regardless , if the warranty has expired try to get an estimate on repair before sending or wait until it totally quits as the cost of repair could be more than finding/buying a used etrac.

Same thing happened to mine. Send it to KellyCo and they fixed me right up. Mine was under warranty. Took less than 2 weeks.