Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone ever upgrade from 250 or 350 to AT Pro ??

andrew9091

Just curious of the feedback I get.....I go through this every year considering upgrading from ACE 350 to the AT PRO.....Im mainly a relic hunter but like the coins too. How much of a difference is there ? Im also assuming Ill still dig the same amount of trash wont I ?
You guys are awesome.

I did. I only used my Ace 350 a few times before I bought my AT Pro. Really like the AT and look forward to logging some hours on it when the weather finally breaks. If you are considering buying one just wait a few months, the detector shows have everyone wanting one and they are on backorder everywhere but as soon as these guys figure they are not going to get rich quick the market is going to be flooded with lightly used AT Pros and Pro Pointers.

I started with the Ace 250, and then went to the At Pro yrs later. Ace 350 seems to similar to the Ace 250 to me.

Just wait awhile until all these people who have bought the AT Pro and the AT Gold
get tired of MDing. You'll see a lot of the detectors on Ebay, garage sales, and pawn shops.
Especially the AT Gold when people realize that while prospecting can be fun it's also a lot
of WORK! These metal detecting shows only hurt guys like us who know what we're doing.
Robert2300

Good point.....yeah i was curious tho if people who upgraded from the 250 or 350 to the AT PRO noticed much of a difference and if so what was the difference ?
Thanks !!!

I am wondering the same thing I have the Ace 350, It's ok But I really have my eye on the ATpro. It's just a matter of finding enough to pay for the AT pro lol

i went from the ace 150 to the ace 350 and am now using the at pro. it was worth every cent imo. i dont get ghost signals anymore, and she also discriminates better on deeper targets. pro mode is amzing compared to the STD.

Have the ace250 added an atpro for land and water. The 250 is a lot of machine for the price, and the atpro is far above it because of depth, water functionality, and the fantastic audio in the pro mode. It performs at a higher level,better iron id and disc, quicker target response. I've done well with it in the water also. The stock coil (8.5x11) is good, but the5x8 is a must have. U can't go wroung with an atp.

so basically you at pro lovers are saying...i could scale a yard with the at pro and find many more objects etc if I had the ace 350 ??? Im not convinced.......especially for a weekend relic warrior like me. lol. I havent been convinced yet to upgrade to the at pro.....but i may be getting there :)

andrew9091 said:
so basically you at pro lovers are saying...i could scale a yard with the at pro and find many more objects etc if I had the ace 350 ??? Im not convinced.......especially for a weekend relic warrior like me. lol. I havent been convinced yet to upgrade to the at pro.....but i may be getting there :)
I have on the 250 350 and the atp big difference with atp you can pick good target is right out of the junk

wow oakhunter....thats what ive been lookin for really ??? So id dig less junk with the at pro ? Thanks buddy. that alone will make me get one

Well, I just upgraded from the Ace 250 to the AT-Pro. We have 36 inches of frost still in the ground, so I haven't really used it outside yet. I expected it to take me a few weeks of testing indoors to get ready to use it in the spring. It only took a few minutes to get used to it. Very similar to the 250. But, it definitely has more distinguishable tones and is more accurate at pinpointing.

I just traded up to the Ace 350. The extra iron discrimination and the 8.25 kHz
has been a big help. So has the 8x11 coil, but id I woiuld have afforded the
extra money I'd have gone with the Pro or the Gold.....more than likely the Gold.
Robert2300

WEll! here my two cents worth! I went from the ace 250 to the AT Pro two years ago! an i won't look back! i have recovered more rings an coins then i ever could an have paid off my ace 250 with the AT PRO ive gotten over 6,000 coins with it 22 rings an 6 colonial coins just in the past 4 months!! i love all that it can do an i know im not using it to the potential that it can be used!!
Any way glad i switched an moved up! but there again you got to learn your machine good to determine if your getting all you can from it!

wow wow wow from reading these posts there is a significant difference. I invested in the garrett pin pointer this year......i bet by next summer the at pro may be down to about 500 bucks.....id never buy a used one at a pawn shop etc.....wonder if there is a reliable place to find an good used one for a decent price ?

Andrew...did my research and knew what I wanteed...then I went on E-bay. searched for used metal detectors and found one I was interested in...after fining out it was being offered for sale by a VERY reputable dealer I ordered it. It works like a charm...it came "free shipping," still had over 18 months on the 24 month warranty, and I saved about $60.00. When the detector got to my door it was...for all intents and purposes brand new and had been checked by the dealers service department. It works like a charm and I am a happy camper. Just my thoughts on your question. Once I get some experience I too may look to upgrade to the AT PRO but for right now my Ace 350 is kicking hiney.

Careful now, some rocket scientists have made the claim the AT Pro and the ACE 250 are basically the same detector LOL.

I've used both and the AT Pro performs far above the ACE 250. Better response, more accurate information and much better depth.

Well , I got my at pro Wednesday, my first garrett detector, and I have found 37 coins and one token. While I have not owned an ace 250 or 350, the at pro is easy to learn and has more than met my expectations.

Ihave the ATPRO and the Ace 250.I use the 250 as a backup unit.The ATPRO separates signals faster and gives you GB options.The ACE250 is a great machine.....I forced myself to use it once just to get a feel of it........got 2 mercs in the same hole! The ATPRO will give better depth and the dd coil is fantastic!:usaflag: