Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone experienced with the 15" WOT on the ETrac?

canman678

Just ordered one and just wondering how others have done with it. Does it give much better depth than stock? Does it get good separation? Any tips to get the best performance out of it on the Etrac?

I use it on occasion with success. It's not a trash hound ,,,,,with the etrac's ability to average targets you will get a lot of strange numbers using it in the trash with multiple targets under the coil. Go slow , try to pick up a target at a time , doing the "wiggle" can be tiring with the mass of the coil.

Your dirt will be the biggest factor on performance. Mine is very magnetic and auto +3 produces plenty of falsing. Higher sensitivities may be a hindrance. Just because it's 50% larger don't expect 50% more depth than the pro coil,,,,I think I might get a couple more inches which is acceptable as those could be very productive inches. Your dirt may produce different results.

The weight is another issue even though they are lighter than the SEFs. A "swingy thingy " may be in your future if you plan on using it for long durations. A terrific alternative and extremely cheap solution to the weight issue is a "Yuppie Puppy" no pull harness from WalMart or e-bay,,,,no kidding it works like a dream for 10 bucks. Put it on just like you would on your dog (except backwards:() and attach a 3/16" piece of bungie type rope (available at HD or Lowe's) to the ring where you would normally attach your leash and tie that to your detector and off you go with a little adjustment here and there to get it just right. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/130954711888?lpid=82. I use a plastic "p-trap" o ring on the lower shaft to tie it to. You will also want to get a spare lower shaft as the coiling on the WOT is bit large to slip through the lower shaft easily and that makes it a PITA to install even with a string,,,that may have changed on the newer models.

Good for the beach but a bit heavy. Not good in a trashy area but that is to be expected in that environment. I found the 13" Ultimate to be a better choice for me for hunting on land. Lighter and better separation on my E Trac. In my soil I'm seeing 2 extra inches over the 11'.

The post above by sprchng is very accurate and I might only add that in my area of mineralized sand (not in my dirt though) I've been able to get very surprising depth, even more than what he suggested he is getting. Another thing I will mention is that when you are working the coil in areas of trash you will want to really focus on what you are doing. I have found many good targets by only a first single blip of higher sound that you normally would miss. I hear that then try to bring in more of the higher pitch by carefully checking from all directions, slowly. In many cases I can get a much better signal and I always dig these when this happens as about a third of them are good targets around trash. It takes a lot of work but In the area I use that coil its mostly sand and not to bad. If you are all dirt I would not dig so many iffys.

I Have used both the WOT coil and the 12x15 Sef Coil on an Etrac in beaches, plowed fields, ball fields and parks.
I have pulled some deep silver with both and in certain conditions you do get slightly more depth than the stock pro coil with both as the silver rings out a little harder.
In my experience the WOT has a slight depth advantage over the 12x15 but the 12x15 has better separation as I have even pulled barber dimes and quarters out of a semi-trashy park with the 12x15.
I also believe these coils will give you an advantage on the coins on edge because of the wider coil width and have pulled many on edge coins with the larger coils.
Knowing when to use the larger coils and recognizing when to stick with the stock coil based on ground conditions is the key to success here.
I use a swingy thingy whenever I detect as I had a rotator cuff injury years ago.
Even though I use a swingy thingy whenever I detect because of a past shoulder injury, the larger coils do tire out my arm faster and I realized over the years that if I am tired and not having as much fun I will not find as much, so a majority of the time I will stay with the stock coil and just take my time and keep a very controlled swing to get the faint whispering deepies.

floodplaindetector said:
I Have used both the WOT coil and the 12x15 Sef Coil on an Etrac in beaches, plowed fields, ball fields and parks.
I have pulled some deep silver with both and in certain conditions you do get slightly more depth than the stock pro coil with both as the silver rings out a little harder.
In my experience the WOT has a slight depth advantage over the 12x15 but the 12x15 has better separation as I have even pulled barber dimes and quarters out of a semi-trashy park with the 12x15.
I also believe these coils will give you an advantage on the coins on edge because of the wider coil width and have pulled many on edge coins with the larger coils.
Knowing when to use the larger coils and recognizing when to stick with the stock coil based on ground conditions is the key to success here.
I use a swingy thingy whenever I detect as I had a rotator cuff injury years ago.
Even though I use a swingy thingy whenever I detect because of a past shoulder injury, the larger coils do tire out my arm faster and I realized over the years that if I am tired and not having as much fun I will not find as much, so a majority of the time I will stay with the stock coil and just take my time and keep a very controlled swing to get the faint whispering deepies.
With that amazing amount of finds for 2013 .... Do you use manual sensitivity or auto + 3 ?