Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone finding anything good with their T2+?

Last couple of hunts I had before the fields got planted and this hot weather set in. Can't wait until fall.
Using the T2+ and the T2 SE. Mostly 99 sensitivity, 0 disc. In BP mode

2 Much Trash said:
Last couple of hunts I had before the fields got planted and this hot weather set in. Can't wait until fall.
Using the T2+ and the T2 SE. Mostly 99 sensitivity, 0 disc. In BP mode

Holy Cow! That's incredible! Nice finds!

2 Much Trash said:
Thanks Tony. How have you done with the t2 since you got it ?:thumbup:

Truth be told, I haven't used it all that much. I use it every now and then. I haven't found anything yet. I guess I need to take it out more so I can trust what it is telling me.
Tony

Do you ever search in CL (Cash Locating)? You said you hunt in bP mode.

Do you have to slow your sweep speed in bP mode? And about how deep does it get in your type of soil?

I'm checking out the CL mode and seeing what it can do.

I've used CL mode on a few occasions and had pretty good success. It's extremely deep but very slow. BP mode is also very deep. It's been my experience using BP I can swing the coil fast or slow, it doesn't matter. Depending on soil conditions, etc. I've dug targets as deep as 12". It hits coins, buttons and bullets at 10" very easily,. I don't want to leave out 2+ mode. 2+ is excellent , especially in a trashy site. Great separation, fast recovery speed, just not quite as deep as bp. In some sites bp mode is a little too powerful. That's where 2+ or 3 tone shine.

2 Much Trash said:
I've used CL mode on a few occasions and had pretty good success. It's extremely deep but very slow. BP mode is also very deep. It's been my experience using BP I can swing the coil fast or slow, it doesn't matter. Depending on soil conditions, etc. I've dug targets as deep as 12". It hits coins, buttons and bullets at 10" very easily,. I don't want to leave out 2+ mode. 2+ is excellent , especially in a trashy site. Great separation, fast recovery speed, just not quite as deep as bp. In some sites bp mode is a little too powerful. That's where 2+ or 3 tone shine.

Thanks so much for your input. I wonder if there is a class anywhere online for this T2+ or if anyone has written up anything on the finer aspects of this detector . . . the whys, and hows?

Tony N (Michigan) said:
2 Much Trash said:

Thanks so much for your input. I wonder if there is a class anywhere online for this T2+ or if anyone has written up anything on the finer aspects of this detector . . . the whys, and hows?

By the way, are you using the stock coil?
Or do you have any specific coil preferences and what each coil you use excels in?

I dont own a T2+ as all i use is one of the original T2 machines from 2006/7,owned it many years and still performs exceptionally well even in todays detecting environment,mainly use either a SEF 12x10 or the larger SEF 15x12 coils,i find that if i use AM mode which is basically what i use all the time these days the depth is pretty amazing when using AM mode,even when using the larger SEF coil its still very sensitive on small hammered coins and roman.And of course on larger items then it does go down pretty deep.