Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone get their Equinox from Kellyco yet??

Hi first post here, but wanted to be able to help those waiting for equinoxes from kellyco. I pre- paid first week in oct and they won't give me any information on where I am on "the list". I will update when and if I hear from them.

SavingThePast said:
I have not seen a single post of someone who ordered from them saying they received it. gotta make you wonder if all their first batch stayed in house for employees...
Wow still no one has come forward saying they got one of the six. So this explains why they wont tell you where you are on the list. If someone knew they were number 3, 5 or whatever they could complain. But if they never tell you where you are on the list they can just say "not your turn". I usually order from a local dealer. But early on I read that Kco was a distributor so I ordered. That info obviously turned out to be false and I wasnt smart enough to check. Huge mistake that im paying for. Since I have 100 people ahead of me at Kco And they are really getting about the same amount as every other dealer I could probably buy it open stock at another dealer sooner than my preorder would be filled at Kco.. This will be my last prepay ever.

Placed fully-paid preorder with Steve at Kellyco in early Nov/17. No word on availability yet but not worried as am sure he will be on top of it.

Pre-ordered mine in Sept. haven't heard a word. It took Garrett from May until Sept. to get my Max to me so they at this point have delivered better than ML.

But in this case I said Kellyco would have theirs about a week before other dealers would as it has happened in the past while I was a dealer. I feel they had a connection with Minelab as they were when I was a dealer the only ones that could sell mail order until someone challenge it in court. This is why I felt Kellyco would have their first before anyone else. Also maybe some things got changed now as they took on the repair center and this is where some had a delay of several month to get one repaired and Minelab got that straighten out and have a good repair center now.
It does cross my mind that the first one they got in which I felt would be more than 3 or 6 as they say went to personal friends or employees as I would have bet they would had the biggest first order and get the largest supply of any dealer.
Well there is a lot of us waiting and sure hope the next shipment will be in the next week so many that have pre-ordered back in Sept will get one.

Good luck.
Rick

You would think since their a sponsor of this website that they would want to keep us somewhat informed.:pinnochio

Reeseb said:
I've been burned too many times from KellyCo. I only order from them if I have to.

Cabelas sent me 3 Equinoxes. I got them in 4 days and ordered them on February 8th. And I can try them out and take them back if I want to. However, Cabelas is out of stock now.

Got a pic of the horses in your stable? That’d be cool to see!

I think we're seeing a lot of people who enjoy forum drama posting the "I ordered mine yesterday and got it today" stuff.

From the facts I've seen most vendors got two maybe three, That is why we're only seeing limited reviews so far.

The FTC’s Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Trade Regulation Rule (the "Rule"). The Rule’s requirements are explained in plain English. This discussion is followed by a question and answer section. The Rule itself is reprinted at the end of this booklet.
What Does the Rule Cover?

It applies to most goods a customer orders from the seller by mail, telephone, fax, or on the Internet.

It does not matter how the merchandise is advertised, how the customer pays, or who initiates the contact.
What is the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Rule?

The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.
[ The seller is not breaking federal law by charging your credit card before she ships. The Fair Credit Billing Act and the Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule protect you so you don't have to pay for merchandise you order but never receive. However, they don't say when the merchant can charge your card or how quickly she must ship your order.

According to the Federal Trade Commission, however, many credit card issuers do not allow merchants to charge your credit card before they ship. If you want to pursue this, you should contact your credit card issuer and ask about its policies for prematurely charging your account. You can then send a complaint letter with specific information about this merchant.]

just do not want. If you are that far back with the expectations of more in quantity being..........rumor only, you might cancel, and look elsewhere.
Their silence speaks volumes-you must be willing to accept the meaning. They tell one person and the (bad) news gets out.......its like dominoes falling.
(Hundreds of dominoes at $900 each.)

Since I started this thread originally (and then it was moved here). Thought I'd follow up. Just received shipping & tracking info. Order was placed Oct 10th.

Hey, Kellyco, are you listening? You don’t call...you don’t write. What’s a person to think?

Same here, I talked to them 3 times. They only got 3 one and another 3 later. I ended up just canceled my order with them. I don't think I will ever buy from them again.

Seems like KellyCo is taking it in the shorts, on this one. Which is too bad. Over the years, I've ordered several detectors from them, because I felt that due to their relative size and years in business, they could offer the best prices and be able to ship, as soon as possible. I've seen some theories offered that K-Co and Minelab have had a "falling out, " and because of that, they're not getting any special treatment in filling NOX orders. What ever the explanation might be, I thought that because of their volume, they would have gotten some priority in shipments. I was wrong. The other rumor being spread is that they are not shipping this detector, in the order that customers ordered. I certainly hope that is not true.

Kellyco's data base ships detectors based on date of order placed, it is software driven. When they are shipped say 6 Equinox's from Minelab, their date base kicks out the 6 oldest orders to shipping department and they are shipped.

Just like all other dealers they are shipped only a few at a time and are waiting on more detectors to be shipped to them by Minelab.

HA....am thinking the same thing....
all this unsupported and unsubstantiated hype....
i for one am more than happy to just kick back and let this toy prove itself
before shelling out more $$
my Etrac is an awesome machine; not in any rush to put it aside
I KNOW what she can do.....