Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone go from using the E-Trac to using the T2 SE?

Crispy Critter

I'm seriously considering a T2 SE. Because of shoulder problem's the E is just a little too heavy for me to swing very long. Had an F75 and really enjoyed it's light weight. Any thought's or experiances on the matter? Would I be losing out on doing this?

Thanks-CC

Never mind. I decided to get the T2. If I decide later that I made the wrong choice, I guess that I can always go back to the Minelab. I have to admit.....I'm a little excited about the thought of using the T2.

HH-CC

I just got mine today!. I've been thinking about getting one since early summer. My primary machine has been the MXT Pro and I also have a Garrett AT Pro. I've got very high expectations out of this machine, based on what I've read and heard.

Only issue Noticed was E-trac didn't have any EMI Issues.. T2, and my 75 both have some in areas. It's a pain sometimes.

I'll bet you're itching to give it a whirl too (I know I am......lol!). Best of luck to you with your new baby.

I'm getting a new 15" coil with the trade. I'm really curious to see what that beast will do. Wish there was more online info about it but I guess it's only recently been released?
I'm really looking forward to joining you all in T2'n and hopefully, will posting some great find's. HH-CC

n/t

That's good to hear Elton. Means alot coming from you. I do remember some EMI isues with the F75 but it was never so bad that I couldn't hunt with it. Maybe it just never got bad enough?

Thanks, CC

Elton said:
Just curious Crispy .. Where are you going to use the

I thiught it might be nice for beaches and some of the open spaces here in Fl? If not, I'll probably just hang it on a wall somewhere because I think it's one of the koolest looking coil's that I've ever seen....lol!

That 15" coil is a arm/shoulder breaker...you may need a sling device (Doc's Swingy Thingy). Just a suggestion from my readings of users that have experience with that coil.

TerraDigger said:
That 15" coil is a arm/shoulder breaker...you may need a sling device (Doc's Swingy Thingy). Just a suggestion from my readings of users that have experience with that coil.
Thanks TD. Point well taken. Clearing a spot on the wall now....lol!

That's cool...

decided that even though I prefer the SE Pro of all the Minelab Explorers I've owned and used, my bad back and shoulders and patience just does take well to the weight issue. Poor balance and 'feel' for me and many I know who also have health issues. I just dumped it and went back to a model that I had, or reacquired, that I knew and were proven to perform.

However, even though I am especially fond of concentric coils and certain detector performance, I wanted to check out a few models on the market that were designed with and for a Double-D design. I'd tinkered with the T2 a little before, not much, but decided I ought to get one and give it some serious field time.

As most know, there will be times and places where you need to deal with EMI issues that I usually don't experience with many other models. However, it's easy adjustments to accomplish that, and with the very well designed T2 controls (1 knob and 1 button on the control face) it couldn't get much easier. I used it enough to like it and then I trimmed a few more models from my detector arsenal and added a Teknetics Omega.

Different operating frequencies, and the Omega came with an excellent elliptical concentric coil that works great. I didn't have the round 5" DD for the T2 but got one for the Omega and then let those two models handle most of my needs for a while. I like the T2 a lot better than the FBS series models for several reasons, and a big one if the light and handy 'feel' combined with the performance potential.

Monte

Thank you for taking the time to reply Monte. My T2 has been shipped today and I'm really looking forward to receiving it. HH-CC

T2 SE is very light for sure with lightning separation and great depth. Holler if You have questions!

TerraDigger said:

Great post!! Swingy thing is a back/shoulder saver!

A little turn down on sens takes care of EMI on T2... No noticable depth loss either....... I said it wrong above and it seemed like I was saying very bad..when what I really meant was a little adjusting makes everything good.

Good posts here! I own several machines(some for dry, some for water). I'm afraid that the other dry machines I have are going to just sit in the rack and collect dust since getting the T2.

Good topic! I am pretty much a die hard Nautilus user. have been for years. Just lately, I've been thinking of going "to the dark side" :starwars: as I've heard it called by other Nautilus users. :lol: I pretty much dig from sunrise to dark in the winter. Even with the Whites mod, those Naughtys are heavy. Just too many darn good things I've read about the T2 SE!! I have already started to crack a little with the purchase of a G2. Thats the lightest machine I have ever held. Bought it just for relic hunting. I feel the T2 SEwould be a good choice as well. Sorry to get off topic a bit with this Nautilus post. But, I feel the same as those who are dedicated, and loyal to their favorite machines, but detector weight, and back problems lead them in other directions. Hope to pick me up a T2SE in the near future.

HH,

I have not used the T2 but I have used the Etrac and Omega. One thing about the Omega (and probably the T2) is it will false on bottlecaps with the DD coil. The Etrac will not. Dont know how they done it but its works.

Well....the deal for the T2, fell through. Actually, I think it was a Godsend because I was really feeling a lot of remorse for trading off my E. Now, instead of trading for a T2 or F75, I'll wait until I can just buy one outright. That way, when my fingers get numb or my arm feels like it's going to break off from swinging the E, I'll be able to switch over to the other for awhile. Kind of like therapy. Even though the E is heavy, it's still an awesome machine and I really hate the thought of giving it up.

I appreciate all of the positive post's that everyone left here. Maybe one day..........