Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone had a charging problem with the Nox? My Brother in law's blinks very fast and doesn't seem to be charging.

erjtej

My Brother in laws Nox blinks really fast and doesn't seem to be taking a charge. My two machines charge great but don't blink this fast. Any ideas? He sent it back to Minelab awhile back and had a charging problem fixed.

Yep. This has happened to me a couple times. The two surface aren’t completely in contact with each other. Remove the charging cord and then reattach. Make sure it’s fully mated to the detector head charging port.

Yep. This has happened to me a couple times. The two surface aren’t completely in contact with each other. Remove the charging cord and then reattach. Make sure it’s fully mated to the detector head charging port.
tried that already. used a soft brass brush and cleaned the contacts also, same result.

tried that already. used a soft brass brush and cleaned the contacts also, same result.
Be careful when using metallic objects to clean the terminals.. you can short out the two battery terminals.
I see where some folks used a pencil eraser.
Mine failed to charge overnight too one time, and was still blinking the next morning, but a normal beep, not rapid like you stated.
Keep us posted on this in case others start acting up.

My Brother in laws Nox blinks really fast and doesn't seem to be taking a charge. My two machines charge great but don't blink this fast. Any ideas? He sent it back to Minelab awhile back and had a charging problem fixed.
I'm a big fan of Minelab.. BUT ..!
If it's already been sent back to Minelab for charging problems,..
And...!! The problem still exist.
And..!! They refuse to fix the problem for no change, in a timely manor, while its still under warranty.
Then I would post my Minelab Detector on line for SALE for the highest bidder. Starting at $1.00 and include Minelabs refusal to fix a problem in a timely manor, "That Is Still Under Warrant"

Unless... Your brother in law is an idiot, and is using the wrong charger..!

Obviously there is something else amiss. Have him contact Minelab.

Yes, I had the same problem. I made a video of the blinking pattern. Called Minelab, sent it in for repair. They were unable to duplicate the problem, but the video convinced them there was a problem. They replaced the control pod under warranty.
Be sure you are using a good charger rated at 2 amps, be sure your control pod and charging cable contacts are clean (using a pencil eraser is a good method).
After that, the first thing you should try is a Factory Reset (see manual for how to do it - very easy). If that doesn't solve the problem you will end up sending it in for repair.

After fiddling with it more last night it finally started blinking slowly and too a charge. I was using my charging cable. I haven't had any problems with my two Nox's as yet. ready to hit the beaches in Aryba this weekend and next week.

the magnets collect iron shavings from the sand. To make sure you keep those contact i use the blue painters tape and all you have to do is dab the sticky part of the magnet. That debree is the major problem of not charging.