Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have crosstalk between the 13" Ultimate coil and Garrett PP?

Grunter

I recently aquired the Ultimate and have noticed it picks up on the Garrett PP real bad. It is the only coil in my group that does this. I use a Whites TRX as a back-up and it doesn't talk to the Ultimate. I've tried noise canceling while the PP is on to no avail. The only thing I can do is lay my detector about and arms length away with the coil extended to the outside. Anyone else have this problem? Also can someone give me some guidance on PP with the Ultimate. It seems to have a sweet spot the entire length of the coil.

There's a lot of Ultimate and Garrett PPer combinations out there. Haven't heard of this being a common issue.

Since there's also the issue of PPing with your Ultimate, i'm wondering if its defective or possibly the coil connector is not screwed on tight.
The coil cable shielding is there to prevent external EMI from entering the control box. The cable shielding makes electrical connection to the control box via the connector nut threads. The connector nut needs to be 'reasonably' tight and corrosion free.
Its also possible the connector itself, the cable or solder connections could also be bad.

I'd unplug the cable and carefully look at both the eTRAC and cable connectors for bent/spread contacts or corrosion then retighten it back on.

Its also remotely possible the PPer itself is defective radiating out more EMI than it should picked up by the Ultimate coil.
If available, i'd try borrowing another Garrett PPer, Ultimate or eTRAC, experiment and see what happens.