Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone having No Coil happening after updateing to 4.1?

martygene

I just updated to 4.1 and went out with the 9" LF coil. It disconnected 4 times in 2 hours. I'd be detecting and then it was too quiet so I'd look at the controller and it was flashing NO COIL. I had to restart once. the other times the coil would reconnected itself as I'd see the light flashing on the coil. The coil showed full charge and the controller was down by one bar. I do not have the MI6 paired yet. As soon as I can get out again it will try detecting with the 11" coil to see if it happens with that one.

Gene

When you updated, did you have the coil (LF) plugged in and on the charger clip? I have had issues where it woudl either not see the coil during an update to 4/1 or the coil woudl drop as you described. I woudl try reinstalling V4.1 - from the XP Factory Site - and ensure you have the LF coils on the charger

Let us know what you find

Andy

i did have each coil fully charged and then plugged in while updating. the controller saw the coil ok as soon as i turned it on. i saw something that said to download the update from the French site. Any truth to that? Not that I'd know if I got it from that one or not. I'll try the 11" and see if that has the problem before I re-update. thanks for the reply.

Go directly yo the XP site and use that link to download . . . this is the one you want to use

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/deus-update/

Let us know if this solves your problem

Andy

Interesting... since I updated from 3.2 to 4.1... had the same thing happen to me. Very infrequently, thankfully. But has happened. All I know is it had NEVER happened when I was running 3.2.

Ron
--------

It's still happening to me too, although not as often since reinstalling 4.1 directly from the XP site, but it IS still happening.

martygene said:
I just updated to 4.1 and went out with the 9" LF coil. It disconnected 4 times in 2 hours. I'd be detecting and then it was too quiet so I'd look at the controller and it was flashing NO COIL. I had to restart once. the other times the coil would reconnected itself as I'd see the light flashing on the coil. The coil showed full charge and the controller was down by one bar. I do not have the MI6 paired yet. As soon as I can get out again it will try detecting with the 11" coil to see if it happens with that one.

This actually is what I have been reading about . I have the version 4.0 and just traded for a set of WS5 headphones that have 4.1 on them and have to update to 4.1 on the remote and coil is what I was told . I got them today and was just testing to see if they would connect with the remote and coil being 4.0 and they wont there was no sound coming from them so I guess I will update the remote and my ws4 puck as well and coil this weekend. hope it works as from what I understand there is no 4.0 update available anymore

see if you try to update to 4.1 and is there a drop down to be able to go back to 4.0? I thought that we can go back to any of the older versions. Then everything you have is on 4.0 unless you want to go to 4.1 that is. Good luck and keep us posted. I didn't reinstall 4.1 again because i've been testing to see if the problem has been with the one coil or any of them. So far it is only on the 9" LF one.

BarryL said:

This actually is what I have been reading about . I have the version 4.0 and just traded for a set of WS5 headphones that have 4.1 on them and have to update to 4.1 on the remote and coil is what I was told . I got them today and was just testing to see if they would connect with the remote and coil being 4.0 and they wont there was no sound coming from them so I guess I will update the remote and my ws4 puck as well and coil this weekend. hope it works as from what I understand there is no 4.0 update available anymore

That is the only coil I have so will see this weekend hope it works thanks for the input I hope I have no issues but will see if I do

Now that you mention it, I need to do the same. I have only ran the 9" LF coil since doing the update. I will take the 11" the next time out and see if it does it as well.

martygene said:
see if you try to update to 4.1 and is there a drop down to be able to go back to 4.0? I thought that we can go back to any of the older versions. Then everything you have is on 4.0 unless you want to go to 4.1 that is. Good luck and keep us posted. I didn't reinstall 4.1 again because i've been testing to see if the problem has been with the one coil or any of them. So far it is only on the 9" LF one.

The only official versions that are available are 2,0, 3.2 and 4.1

If you find a V4.0 option it is NOT form XP anymore . . . . .

If you install V4.1 FROM THE FACTORY, you shoudlnot have any issues . . . follow the instructions and it installs seamlessly. Do NOT install it from one of the other sites which is likely a beta version

Andy

Thanks Andy. I did exactly that. I used the link that you provided in the post above, downgraded to 3.2, and then reloaded 4.1. I need to use the 11" coil the next time that I am out. I am beginning the think that it may be an issue with the 9" LF coil (it's fairly new). I've had the 11" for four years now.

Andy Sabisch said:
The only official versions that are available are 2,0, 3.2 and 4.1

If you find a V4.0 option it is NOT form XP anymore . . . . .

If you install V4.1 FROM THE FACTORY, you shoudlnot have any issues . . . follow the instructions and it installs seamlessly. Do NOT install it from one of the other sites which is likely a beta version

Andy

The XP Classroom is an official XP web site, the software update icon at the top of the page links directly with XP in France.

Hi Mark
It has been superceded by 4.1, because V4.0 had some reported connectivity issues on some machines, although I never experienced them.
Many Thanks

Thanks for chiming in Gary. The only connectivity issues I have had with v4.0 has been with the MI-6 on occasion.
For now I am reluctant to do the v4.1 update if v4.0 is no longer an option.

Indiana Mark said:
Thanks for chiming in Gary. The only connectivity issues I have had with v4.0 has been with the MI-6 on occasion.
Agree to this also but I will say this I am going to go ahead and update or try to this weekend I have v4 now but just got some ws5 headphones that have 4.1 on then so will have to upgrade everythig else will see how it goes if things dont work out on the upgrade well guess I will be looking at a different detector. I Love my deus for the weight and wireless but if it starts plauging me WITH connection issues after the update it will be gone . I hope all goes well but with all the things I have read that folks are experiencing that are issues trust me I read a lot on here and other forums to help me i pray it goes well

BarryL said:
Agree to this also but I will say this I am going to go ahead and update or try to this weekend I have v4 now but just got some ws5 headphones that have 4.1 on then so will have to upgrade everythig else will see how it goes if things dont work out on the upgrade well guess I will be looking at a different detector. I Love my deus for the weight and wireless but if it starts plauging me WITH connection issues after the update it will be gone . I hope all goes well but with all the things I have read that folks are experiencing that are issues trust me I read a lot on here and other forums to help me i pray it goes well
Hope it goes well for you. You are much more brave than I. I know that I would be very unhappy if everything went south after the v4.1 update. I would have 2 hf coils and a pinpointer that would be useless. Perhaps I'm overly paranoid but see it as a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. I guess worst case scenario, it would force me to exclusively use that new detector so many are clamoring about.

Hundreds if not thousands of people run 4.1 without issue. It’s just that you hear about the few exceptions. The rest are out there looking for treasures. :)